Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A matter of fact

I love your marble pattern like background and that color....and the mystery of that leg comes out from there. Very interesting, creative and sexy.

Thank You, dear Katie! The painted part was that of the leg where I painted and blended skin tones mixing colors directly on the sheet, looking, as always, for intriguing skin reflectivity and transparencies. The rest came to help framing and merging it as a fossil and putting a glass over it to insert an additional, slight optical effect.

Thank You, dear Pai. Marble and flesh may be quite sexy in art, dear pai, so probaly their combination too. Leg and stone are both real and their own concept here and the transparent glass may possibly enhance too the sensual content of the composition ... I must recognize that I'm attracted by misty, moody, somehow cold atmospheres, but I naturally tend to end up with more concrete and tangible elements and views when I abstract ... More classical than romantic, they would have once said.

BTW, dear Katie and Pai, as for the adjective sexy, it reminded me of a little change I made to a most wondeful painting by Mrs Katie-Coops (substantially the foot ...LOL). Have a look ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 04-01-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I remember that painting Cesare infact may have a go at something like it again sometime
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

You recognized Your foot and shoe, I guess ... LOL

I'am surprised I missed a painting of a leg Caesar..its like a set of clues, just have to put them togather and solve it...Slab of Marble, piece of a photo and a lab slide...Huh!
    Cool stuff....
    Steve

Dear Steve, quite often the unseen part and the imagination to guess it is the most teasing element of a painting like these ones ... Thank You!