ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problems with Wacom Intuos 2.0

Problems with Wacom Intuos 2.0

Tablet will not work in Artrage Demo. Pointer is frozen on screen. Running Windows 7 service pack 1 on a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727

Have the driver from Wacom installed.

Thanks.

A. M. Schaer

Okay, this sort of thing is usually related to the tablet driver. I have a few suggestions for you to try.

1) Change the input settings in ArtRage. Sometimes ArtRage is getting conflicting information and only a certain combination of options will work.
    This is usually the problem.

Open ArtRage and go to Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Settings.

a. Make sure that Wintab is ON and Precise Tablet and RealTime Stylus are turned OFF.
    b. Restart ArtRage and test.
    c. If that doesn’t help, turn Wintab OFF and RealTime Stylus ON
    d. Restart ArtRage and test

If the stylus does this in other programs, or if the ArtRage settings do not fix anything, try the following:

2) Check your tablet drivers are up to date. These can cause all kinds of strange problems.

To update your tablet drivers.
    a. Uninstall your current driver first (> Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs)
    b. Restart the computer
    c. Download and install the latest version

3) Do you have any drivers installed for different Wacom products? (e.g. an older tablet model). Sometimes Wacom drives will conflict with each other in strange ways, so try uninstalling the one you aren't using.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thank you Hannah! Your post helped me as well. Item 1a got my Intuos2 tablet working with Artrage 4.

Kevin