ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schrödinger's cat

Schrödinger's cat

A quantistically paradoxical illustration. All started from drawing a cat linear shape in its essence and elegance with eyes, nose and mouth lines (mouse only and no reference, correcting its proportions until it looked likely) , the rest came from my scientific interests interference. I hope You would forgive the latter ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schrödinger's cat.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	140.4 KB 
ID:	80123  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-26-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

who needs the CERN machine when you can so aptly illustrative concepts with such quantitative excellence !??

Superb dear Caesar,I wonder where he's off to?
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

aww, Caesar, you're in a new transformation in style here. love that abstract background combined with your unique illustration style. Interesting that you will paint a kitty on this one...mhmm..imagine if it's a figure again, what would you paint ?

... hopefully I succeeded illustrating also the puzzled glance of the cat uncertain whether he was dead or alive until the observation is made, dear Gary. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. I just wanted to draw the essence of feline elegance, but the title is about a famous quantistic paradox about the possible and simultaneous states of a cat in a closed box.

Dear Pai, cats and felides are particularly fascinating to me, especially the way they move. I just checked if I could capture their essence and peculiar features by memory only. Thank You.

Wanted, Dead AND Alive, Caesar? You want it all. Even in the Wild West they only said Wanted Dead OR Alive.

What an alchemist you are. Very metallic in ascendance. Knowing you as I do, You've always been about transforming the cat, ennobling the feline, installing the flying Beatrice, as it were.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Mi piace molto l'effetto che hai ottenuto, mi ricorda i mosaici di vetro , lo stile liberty
    Devo dire che mi sembra anche ottima come scelta visiva per rappresentare l'esperimento

I really like the effect you've got
    reminds me of the glass mosaics, art nouveau
    also seems to me excellent choice as a visual to represent the experiment
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

I like cats and women, since in several cases they share the same kind of sinuous and sensual elegance of movement, the apparent languid torpor which is a prelude to the exciting game of an ambushing predation. Victims are hypnotized by the beauty of the predator, by a deceptive slowness that precedes the sudden powerful attack and the savage struggle eventually extinguishing the victims .... that's when they wonder: "Am I dead or alive, or both? Tell me Scroedinger pls!" Dear D Akey, I realize that more than Dante Alighieri I lyrically sound here like Gabriele D'Annunzio. LOL Thank You, dear friend.

Grazie, cara Silvia. Sono in una fase in cui sto frugando in soffitta tra i miei vecchi dipinti per recuperare pezze da mettere nei nuovi quadri e gli accrocchi sembra che mi mi vengano tuttosommato abbastanza bene ...
    Thank You, dear Silvia. I'm in a phase when I'm rummaging in the attic of my old paintings to recover patches to sew in my new paintings and the accrocchi (unlikely assembies or compositions of elements either static or working somehow) seem to come out reasonably good after all...

Interesting - while I like the cat, I really appreciate the background effects. I'll have to figure out how you did that.