ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classicitą

Classicitą

... or "new figurative approach on classical art canons" ...
    A soothing new experiment with subtle effects study.
    No reference and personal drawing into resumed elements ... Mouse only.
    I hope You like this too. I find it particularly luminous, so a shallow one as Andrea would notice .... opposite to the last one in a way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classicitą3.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	80120  
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-26-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

excellent figure study, I can't believe you only use a mouse, I guess Italian mice have much more control than Oregon mice.. ours are a bit wild and difficult for fine control. Really a pretty piece of work, those long fluid lines that so precisely outline her form are amazing work

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Mouse? Damn! It's lovely. Relaxed and "easy" flows nicely.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Very nicely done Caesar.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

What?????? You're calling me shallow aka superficial?.... it must be a typo for sure.... . Anyways this one surely is brighter but the overall felling is still melancholic, at least to me. It's very very good though. Ciau
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Very soft and thoughtful Caesar. I do like this one.

Dear Gary, mice have to be gently tamed. Have You ever taken Yours out in a restaurant for dinner ?... parmesan and cheesecake as a menu.LOL The proportions were not considered too much, rather the lines curvatures in this case and a vaguely classical resting pose. Thank You.

It was a pleasure to drive along these curves, dear Victor, and to pour soft marble tones. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. I'm reasonably satisfied I got a luminous painting such as that of Your last Avatar.

Certainly not, dear Andrea. You rightfully found that Transparencies and reflections had dark tones and depth and I commented that additively obtained dark tones while highlights better described surface. That's why this luminous painting is substantially shallow. Thank You! Arverze né!

Thank You, dear Robyn. I feel I probably worked around the same issues intriguing Amedeo Modigliani too and got elements for a different, but connected style. I'll see if it is so by going on furtherly elaborating along this path too. Maybe the same origin of Modigliani helped me.

But this is not a shallow painting at all, it's bright and beautiful as the sunlight my Dear friend X) CE SE PIJA! SCIAO
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

I see that after few different color palette on abstract, you come back this soft, warm and brightful color palette. Very elegant pose and gentle too

Thank You, dear Andrea! That was what I looked for for representing the golden age, the Parnassus etc. ...

This was conceived as an high-key image, because of the warm and sunny feeling generally associated to classical art, dear Pai. Thank You!