ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mermaid Whispers

Talking Mermaid Whispers

Finally finished this is a painting i've been working on for about 2 weeks all done on Artrage 4 not bad for a NewbieClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Mermaid Whispers Final.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	286.5 KB 
ID:	80014

Not bad for a newbie at all! So much lovely detail.

Looks like it was a lot of fun for those 2 weeks, irismoonbeauty a newbie (has kind of a sweet lilt to it). I think this and your former one look great and I think you can safely say you're getting the hang of it quite nicely.

One of the things I love about painting something original that nobody has seen before, (even if we're pulling in separate reference images to combine into one scene) is that we're breathing life into the characters and flora and fauna as if they're really there, which we as viewers get to see.

It's especially so in this kind of picture making where there is a whole idyllic natural story. It's as if you as the artist get to throw a garden party. You get to pick the theme, and you send out invitations to the guests you would like in attendance. Lovely. I hope to see many more pictures from you. and thanks for the invitation! Wouldn't miss it for the world.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very nice a lot of details in here. It works really well.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

you certainly have a unique and interesting style and color sense. which is fun to see and very impressive.. I am loving all these..

Aww, this time the mermaid has companies, love the addition of the dolphin and the seagull in it. A joyful sea world faily tale painting

Not bad at all. I just wonder what she's whispering. Hopefully she's not singing, otherwise we would be in serious troubles under her spell effect! As an Italian I also like the tasty spaghetti on her head ...LOL BTW, the dolphin is, among other elements, exceptionally well executed!
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-22-2014 at 03:40 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I love the way that the different parts of the painting bring out different textures and it gives this painting so much dimension. It really draws the eye in and makes me look for the details and pay attention to it.