ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zara as a Puppy

Zara as a Puppy

A bit of fun with my lovely Zara as a puppy 8 years ago. She was such a funny little button.

It's hard to make something of a black dog, so the eyes are very important.

Attachment 79937

She's adorable and exceptionally well painted
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Thank you Andrea!

Adorable puppy

So nicely done!

Thank you Marilyn Anne! Mostly Air Brush, which can look too soft and undefined, so a few lines to pull it together.

a wonderful work you have captured her playful spirit... I so love your work..I would love to hang out in your studio and watch you work, I bet I would learn a ton..

As I would love to watch you too Gary! Oregon to Australia is a long haul.

I like the way Zara's tail is almost forming a question mark...as if wondering
    'what's mom doing with that thing in her hands...is it something to play with,
    or is it a treat?
    Love it!
    Nicely done Robyn,
    Steve

Oh for crying out loud! I nearly stepped on one of these, only full grown who blended in all too well with the rug. Phew! Glad I saw him. At least this one is upright and moving and not playing the chameleon. Very sweet and perky drawing. I like how you've implied much of the texture of the fur and so on in a casual but very effective way. You could do spot illustrations anytime. This would grace a book or magazine because it has the personality it in and it looks like it was pretty quick to do. That gives the reader a good push into the story with the right mood but not so detailed to make them want to linger and analyze overmuch. I could also see this framed on the wall where you could just give it a glance for a shot of joy and then carry on with what you were doing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A quite aristocratic dog! You painted her wonderfully!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!