ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Sybil's Dream

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179

    Sybil's Dream

    I love what layers and transparency can do in the digital realm.. like the wisps of a dream..they layer and fold in on each other defining a new world.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sybil's Dream.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	371.3 KB 
ID:	79936  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 03-16-2014 at 03:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,570
    Gary. Sybil's dream is very well done. Evokes feelings and emotions to be sure!
    I love the color scheme and value dominance in play here. Piece of dark in a large light with some great textures to boot. Good work!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,817
    Mmmmmm... soft and drifty, and invites you in!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Posts
    443
    wow. very nice. transparency very cool.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,035
    Hi Gary....
    I' am both fascinated and curious with your painting of Sybil's Dream....
    Transparent layers overlapping one another never divulging what is
    real, and what is not. Love the dreamy colors.... mellow and quite soothing.
    'Wrap it up...I'll take'....
    Take care friend,
    Steve

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Torino
    Posts
    1,427
    Really like it, it looks like that in the black area something is coming down from above, it must be our dreams dancing into our minds while sleeping... Gorgeous
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

    That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Posts
    7,205
    Gary, I love , love this one, the black in the background makes all the colors pop, beautiful shapes and colors, fantastic work

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    Gary. Sybil's dream is very well done. Evokes feelings and emotions to be sure!
    I love the color scheme and value dominance in play here. Piece of dark in a large light with some great textures to boot. Good work!
    thanks Neal, I worked quite a bit on the values in this and in the end having that dark element really made the other soft areas read well and pushed the idea of a dreamscape even more.

    Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Mmmmmm... soft and drifty, and invites you in!
    yes just lay back and let your mind drift......

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    wow. very nice. transparency very cool.
    thank you Victor for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hi Gary....
    I' am both fascinated and curious with your painting of Sybil's Dream....
    Transparent layers overlapping one another never divulging what is
    real, and what is not. Love the dreamy colors.... mellow and quite soothing.
    'Wrap it up...I'll take'....
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    thanks Steve I appreciate you comments, your latest work is sure a marvel, I love the diversity of high quality work on this forum... don't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Really like it, it looks like that in the black area something is coming down from above, it must be our dreams dancing into our minds while sleeping... Gorgeous
    AndreaMG I love your comment, "dreams dancing into our minds" very poetic and well put... thank you!.

    Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, I love , love this one, the black in the background makes all the colors pop, beautiful shapes and colors, fantastic work
    thank you Pat I am going to make a print of this one...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, On., Canada
    Posts
    5,356
    Perhaps Sybil is dreaming of sweeping away the dark to let the light in , great colours shapes and texture , Gary

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    I like it! Really feels deep. And it's very pleasing to the eye. Well done, Gxhpainter! In my free association, I kinda get a fantasy cross between Marc Chagall and the very old Little Nemo cartoons, plus a very strong personal voice on your own part with the division of shapes and color choices. And Sybil was vague and rolling out the ambiguity wasn't she. . . and all the while she could claim it she was right. And often times looking at abstraction kicks in a similar set of 'muscles'.
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-17-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •