ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Globalization and migrations

Globalization and migrations

It's not Christmas, but it's always time to have fun by breaking usual, conventional idea for selling cokes ... LOL

Forgive me, but I had to reload me a little before resuming this quick attempt to capture some of the Young Klimt unbelieveable mastery ... (see herebelow my initial attempt to get flesh tones on ine layer only and a detail of the original one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Immigrant Santa Klaus.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	79876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Young Klimt excercise.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	369.8 KB 
ID:	79877  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

All that milky white skin! Isn't she gorgeous? I haven't seen this Klimt, even though I have a large book dedicated to his work.

Your effort is pretty nice too Caesar! Now Santa? Hmmm.... he's pretty cute as well!

Nice pic of Santa Cesare, he deserves a holiday oh and a bath.
    Your painting of the lady is exceptional work Cesare.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

I sometimes want to draw Santa even when it's not Christmas, glad I'm not the only one
    The second one looks really good, I like the colours of the skin especially the nose. Pretty!

Thank You, dear Robyn. That's what we would poetically call una pelle eburnea, that is, more prosaically translated into "an ivory skin". Its light tone, subtle reflectivity and translucency is absolutely intriguing just as the other extreme of a very dark skin tones, warm and cool low tones in the various parts, and looking glossy and shining where the light impinges hortogonally. Rendering of different human skin tones and textures in different lights and environments is among the most fascinating subjects and studies to me. I'll probably resume this exercise sooner or later and push it furtherly to improve the effect.

This Santa Klaus is always so much engaged with his work, dear Katie, that he never had a holiday. He's also got a nomination for the Academy Award for a movie entitled " 800 years slave of children" ... LOL As for the lady, I momentarily stopped it at less than halfway and I'm glad it gives at least a idea of the masterpiece I took as a reference. Thank You!

Thank You, dear SilverO for blessing this off-season illustration. I think that white hair and beard are a better frame for the darker than usual skin tones of this jolly good fellow.

Both are lovely but me thinks the chimney should have been cleaned before Santa arrived and I like the lady with her pug nose

Caesar, Great work on your copy ( a great way to learn ) and a funny cartoon!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Dear Jean, it was Santa's fault to come off time, I guess ... The lady is quite buttery, so I like her me too ... with some marmelade or black cherry jam maybe.LOL Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jibes! It's quite a long time I left landscapes and abstracts though ... Maybe it's time to get back to those subjects too.

There is that funny sense of humor again Caesar and love it, also great lady, she looks so proud, I think that is because the Great Caesar painted her lol

Thank You, dear Pat! That lady is certainly a little vain, but wasn't patient enough to let me finish her painting ... LOL