ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Cheap Tablet

Good Cheap Tablet

A while back I broke the pen for my Wacom Intuos 4. As a standby a bought a Monoprice tablet, it was half the price of a new pen for the Wacom. Surprisingly good quality and well made with specs that compare to a Wacom. If you need a cheap tablet I'd recommend one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-10...ords=monoprice

wow. can you notice much of a difference between your wacom and the new tablet in ArtRage?

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    wow. can you notice much of a difference between your wacom and the new tablet in ArtRage?
    Not a lot to be honest mate, someone with a more demanding talent than me might, but, the wacom pen does feel nicer to hold and the overall build quality is undoubtedly better, but it cost me well over 10 times as much. The Wacom is not 10 times better.

I just looked it up and it is compatible with Macs -- Snow Leopard and later. And the replacement tips are a 10 pack for 79 cents.

And I have never seen one in real life, and this is the first I heard of it.

Looks like they are a seller? They carry a lot of products which they say are the best prices around. Manufacturers tend not to compete with people selling their products as an incentive to carry their products. So since they are mentioning great prices, they may have contracted for a bunch of them to sell themselves. I wonder if they have customer service should something go wrong. Just musing aloud here. Replacement only?

Anyway, that price is really appealing, without a doubt.

When I upgrade though, I want to get one of those rigs where you're drawing onto the screen. I have an old dinky 4x5 (?) Wacom Graphire and never really used it. So I would have to try getting comfortable with that to see if I can even like a tablet no matter price and size. I see people using them all the time though, so it must be just a matter of using it regularly.

Thanks F-P. This is very encouraging.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Having investigated, I think the manufacturer is Huion, a number of companies brand it for themselves. Monoprice is cheapest. You can get a (allegedly better) spare pen for £17.00. I'm with you on the Cintiq style thing it's on my wish list too.

Thanks. I am in need of a new tablet since my graphire wireless won't seem to charge up anymore. I suppose I could try replacing the charger, but I might go with the temporary fix of using the cheap tablet or maybe even the little wacom bamboo cheapie which goes for 79.00. still debating. thanks for the info.

Hey Screenpainter,
    I have that problem with my Graphire Wireless.
    It is the battery thatís finished, wonít charge any more.
    You can get a new battery here:
    http://www.amazon.com/CTE630BT-Graph...productDetails

Iím going to try ordering it, and hopefully theyíll ship it to Canada.
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com

you know that might be worth a try Hinket. thanks for that idea as well. probably worth the 20 bucks or so to find out. never had any other problems with it. they are going for over 130.00 on Amazon. wow. worth more than I thought for an oldie but goodie.

EDIT: So I go to check my battery just to see how to replace it and the thing uncouples way too easily. snap it back together with the little white connection and the Wacom appears to be charging again. will see if it actually holds a full charge, but it looks like I am back in business. Duh. wow.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-09-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fraser_paice View Post
    A while back I broke the pen for my Wacom Intuos 4. As a standby a bought a Monoprice tablet, it was half the price of a new pen for the Wacom. Surprisingly good quality and well made with specs that compare to a Wacom. If you need a cheap tablet I'd recommend one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monoprice-10...ords=monoprice
    Good to know...thanks for the tip....

I just bought my Intuos and gave my bamboo to my wife but methinks I might keep an eye open and get one for a spare if I get the chance. I have 2 Windows machines and two Linux machines. The Linux ones won't see my Intuos because it's too new. It will be supported in the next release, April.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/