ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transfer paintings from one iPad to the other?

Transfer paintings from one iPad to the other?

Hello, I'm new to the forums but I have had ArtRage for my iPad for a few weeks now.

I've been using my moms iPad to do my work, but my dad is considering giving me his iPad... and I would like to know if there is a way I can transfer all my paintings, layers and all, to the other iPad so I can have all my work there.

Thank you!

-Lauryn

There certainly is! Basically, you'll need to do it all through iTunes. The files you are looking for have the extension "PTG" (this is the ArtRage file type, and it can also be used on the Desktop version of ArtRage).

1/ Launch iTunes.

2/ Connect your iPad to your computer with the USB dock cable.

3/ Select your iPad from the Devices list in the iTunes Library column, then click the Apps tab.

4/ Now scroll to the bottom of the iTunes window to see the File Sharing area.

5/ Select 'ArtRage'. You will see a list of files appear in the right hand window. You can transfer files in and out of this folder. (These will be the original PTG files and any JPEGs or PNGs that you 'Exported to iTunes').
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    There certainly is! Basically, you'll need to do it all through iTunes. The files you are looking for have the extension "PTG" (this is the ArtRage file type, and it can also be used on the Desktop version of ArtRage).

1/ Launch iTunes.

2/ Connect your iPad to your computer with the USB dock cable.

3/ Select your iPad from the Devices list in the iTunes Library column, then click the Apps tab.

4/ Now scroll to the bottom of the iTunes window to see the File Sharing area.

5/ Select 'ArtRage'. You will see a list of files appear in the right hand window. You can transfer files in and out of this folder. (These will be the original PTG files and any JPEGs or PNGs that you 'Exported to iTunes').
    Thank you!