ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing Strong

Standing Strong

was a take on a previous post "Warrior" but left the dominant shape non human but felt it was standing strong in the darkness...thus the title...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Standing Strong.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	79792  

I like the piece -- irrespective of the title and intention. The shape is impossible for me to not have a Rorschach test free-association happening for me. It reminds me of an animal like a cat who is cornered and ready to jump and run giving a threatening screech. When I think of standing strong, I think of sturdy legs, stiff spine, feet planted more like a football lineman or a bull. In my view it looks like the 'front feet' (as I associate) are connected to the ground by a very small pin which would quickly give under pressure (contrary to the weighty connection holding one's ground solidly). But that's if I am going with your title.

It's a really cool image about relationships, with lots of compliments and contrasts, which I find very interesting to look at and mentally evocative. It's also attractive to look at and has a level of finish that works for me in the sense that it feels thought through and executed as envisioned.

Good job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It could almost be a horse and rider! I love it! Very imposing and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I like the piece -- irrespective of the title and intention. The shape is impossible for me to not have a Rorschach test free-association happening for me. It reminds me of an animal like a cat who is cornered and ready to jump and run giving a threatening screech. When I think of standing strong, I think of sturdy legs, stiff spine, feet planted more like a football lineman or a bull. In my view it looks like the 'front feet' (as I associate) are connected to the ground by a very small pin which would quickly give under pressure (contrary to the weighty connection holding one's ground solidly). But that's if I am going with your title.

It's a really cool image about relationships, with lots of compliments and contrasts, which I find very interesting to look at and mentally evocative. It's also attractive to look at and has a level of finish that works for me in the sense that it feels thought through and executed as envisioned.

Good job.
    thanks D Akey it does have that improvisational quality , where one does some free association with it. I wonder what steve will make of it?

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    It could almost be a horse and rider! I love it! Very imposing and mysterious.
    I like that description it accurately describes the piece I think... glad you like it.

Gary, I like this a lot, the shape of many colors

It looks like a bull engraved in a medieval cathedral stained glass (it's all picassy). Nice!

Gary....
    Like the title, for me its quite simple....
    American buffalo standing proud and strong in the grasslands.
    Again, my first impression and colors usually don't pursaude me
    too much in my initial visual assessment of first seeing a new work
    of art...
    You know me, I see what I see....And I enjoyed seeing this one
    from you!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Gary, I also like this and to me is a painting for dreaming or remembering

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, I like this a lot, the shape of many colors
    thanks Pat, glad you stopped by..

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    It looks like a bull engraved in a medieval cathedral stained glass (it's all picassy). Nice!
    hmmm yes I see that and so did Steve..
    not bad if it evokes a little Picasso along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Gary....
    Like the title, for me its quite simple....
    American buffalo standing proud and strong in the grasslands.
    Again, my first impression and colors usually don't pursaude me
    too much in my initial visual assessment of first seeing a new work
    of art...
    You know me, I see what I see....And I enjoyed seeing this one
    from you!
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    thanks Steve I was wondering what you would make of it. I think the bull or buffalo image is a great association for this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, I also like this and to me is a painting for dreaming or remembering

Great art, but also an exquisite elegance in this painting, whatever the mean. The darker parts powerfully enhance the light and colorfully elaborated fabric of your dreams!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!