Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From a request in Art Projects intriguing me for a new style

Very cool Dear Cesare!

Cool. I like it. I'm sure it resembles the model. I did see the photo, but didn't compare it side by side. This drawing unto itself is a little distorted but not in a way that makes it look less than correct. More like a caricature style vision taken toward a finished portrait using a technique that relies heavily on drawing. Lots of illustrators used that as a technique because of the speed. That is not to mean their illustrations weren't complete and brilliant. Fact is that so many of them looked phenomenal. This is a really good one too so you're right in there with good company.

Nice one, Caesar!

For examples of the greatest IMHO Hollywood poster style artists of the 70s and beyond until desktop publishing killed the need for illustrations of this kind unless they wanted this look: Dru Struzan. Still a treat and inspiration. I may have linked you to his stuff before, but in case I haven't, see the link below. It may hold out some possibilities for expanding your style a little. Yours is already darn good though. Just always fun to look at stuff that's out there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dru+...w=1067&bih=511
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank You, dear Pat! Maybe it takes quite a long time, after so many year of presence, so, apart from the risk of get bored, You have to wait for a rainy day ... LOL

Thank You, dear Andrea! I'm sure You may quickly do portraits at least as good as this one using these tools and following this style which fits very short love affairs, so take it into account, in case, for a tribute to an occasional lover.

Dear D Akey, right about distortion due to a quick sketching and the intention to concentrate on fundamental features. The idea was appealing also because the picture reminded me also of some spaghetti western poster, very much in line with what You observed. I thank You endlessly for being so smart, knowledgeable (an art wikipedia) an so kind to address me to the best of the artists and style I lay like and learn from.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very nicely done!

Very personable and unique!

Thank You, dear Marylin Anne. I read a lot from manuals and tutorials which I find very useful and sometimes I start with the idea to follow their suggestions on procedures, but I usually end up proceeding my natural way and it works well enough in several cases.

He resembles Tom Hanks, Cesare. Again, you have great talent.
    Wonderful work.

Nicely done Caesar....
    I like your "stab" at Danny, and i'am sure he will as well...
    Now, if we could just find him he's got a lot of catching up to do...
    I know that isn't the point of the exercise though!
    Very well done friend,
    Steve

Thank You, dear Sandra! After so many parts and characters played by Tom Hanks, I think he actually can resemble to anyone ...LOL

Dear Steve, I proceeded in a most immediate way, no tracing, measuring, proportions checking etc., just an idea to fix some peculiar feature and some suggested "dynamics" of the head. I rather concentrated on the use of pencil and chalk on that background and it worked reasonably well and fast ... Thank You!

I know I'm a little slow in replying, but in the spirit of better late than never, I like a lot. :-)
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    I know I'm a little slow in replying, but in the spirit of better late than never, I like a lot. :-)
    Thanks for the chuckle, Callas. Is that mothballs I smell? I remember going through my grandparents' attic with all their old chests and whatnot. Was really wondrous and magical for the little kid I was at the time. Clothes, lots of hats, a marionette my uncle made as a kid for school, even some of his old tin soldiers of the WWI vintage. Would be worth money today.

I see you've taken to wandering the halls.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream