ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favella

favella

gritty, colorful, lively... working to integrate a variety of my favorite mark making and blending techniques hope you enjoy this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flavela.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	399.7 KB 
ID:	79756  

Gary, this is beautiful, and enlarged is even better as you can see all the subtle changes of saturated colour and texture. Just lovely.

I like it, presumably you are referring to the "favelas", they might look colorful and joyful from the outside, but living over there sure must be tough. Did you know that "favella" in Italian means "great ability to speak" (like our common friend D Akey )? Even with this meaning you portrait might fit because all those beautiful figures could represent words. I like the portrait mode once again. In one word: terrific

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Gary, this is beautiful, and enlarged is even better as you can see all the subtle changes of saturated colour and texture. Just lovely.
    thanks Robyn I am happy you looked at it enlarged in a separate window.. at it does show more detail there is even more in the original but jpeg compression wipes out a bunch especially in the dark ranges. but you get the idea..

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    I like it, presumably you are referring to the "favelas", they might look colorful and joyful from the outside, but living over there sure must be tough. Did you know that "favella" in Italian means "great ability to speak" (like our common friend D Akey )? Even with this meaning you portrait might fit because all those beautiful figures could represent words. I like the portrait mode once again. In one word: terrific
    yep the shanty towns that grow up where people are trying to survive. like in Rio...site of summer Olympics... extreme wealth and extreme poverty side by side... yet even in the poverty the people have music and Carnival

Love it!!!!! Great, solid, sumptuous etc etc. . . A great presentation. I did not make the connection with a shanty town until I read Andrea's comment. That's also an interesting insight. But I was thinking more along the lines of 'flavor' where they infuse extra flavor into a food, like Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream was known to push. The visuals are intriguing, the layering fascinating and dimension seems to be all through this using different devices from fragmented perspective to overlapping to light and shadow. And it's contained nicely by a frame of something analogous to ice(?) which really concentrates the effect. It's integrated and separate, that frame all at once. And that emphasizes without being anemic in itself.

Neat-o.
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-06-2014 at 07:57 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

One of Your best, dear Gary! There's color, music, warmth, joyful feelings of thanksgiving and hope as well as life celebration.
    This favela says all about Your painting favella (=language, word used as a literary or idiomatic alternative in Italian).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gary....
    Really enjoy looking at this one, I find it quite intriguing wondering which of many doors to choose
    in ones life.
    Put my own meaning in it again...
    Again...Really love it!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Love it!!!!! Great, solid, sumptuous etc etc. . . A great presentation. I did not make the connection with a shanty town until I read Andrea's comment. That's also an interesting insight. But I was thinking more along the lines of 'flavor' where they infuse extra flavor into a food, like Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream was known to push. The visuals are intriguing, the layering fascinating and dimension seems to be all through this using different devices from fragmented perspective to overlapping to light and shadow. And it's contained nicely by a frame of something analogous to ice(?) which really concentrates the effect. It's integrated and separate, that frame all at once. And that emphasizes without being anemic in itself.

Neat-o.
    I kinda liked the multiple associations between the favela, and favela (It.) and your Flavors..( I am from the 60's after all ) .. all really different flavors of life... pleased you found this so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    One of Your best, dear Gary! There's color, music, warmth, joyful feelings of thanksgiving and hope as well as life celebration.
    This favela says all about Your painting favella (=language, word used as a literary or idiomatic alternative in Italian).
    thanks dear Caesar I appreciate your elaboration on the word... it brings more to the painting...

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Gary....
    Really enjoy looking at this one, I find it quite intriguing wondering which of many doors to choose
    in ones life.
    Put my own meaning in it again...
    Again...Really love it!
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    thanks Steve, always the best I think to have a painting trigger meanings and wonder in the viewer. I mean after all that is one of the main reasons for doing abstract art..I am not telling a specific story but more of an allegory, and hints

This is really pretty, I like how you blended the colors

Gary, love the colours, textures, shapes and design