ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Party in Valparaiso

Party in Valparaiso

nothing rocks like a party in this Chilean town..or so I have heard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Party in Valparaiso.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	523.0 KB 
ID:	79678  

Too trippy. When I opened this, I (still) am listening to Ruben Gonzalez a famous pianist from the Buena Vista Social Club. I own the CD but am linking it here so you know what I'm talking about. Uncanny, no? It so goes with this painting. Dance music! (I know Chile is way farther south, but this was on my personal dance card. . . apparently. Coming to you over Kr-POW 101 - Synchronicity from the Ethers . . .)

Perfection! Love the painting. I would hang it in a conga beat. It's like a montage of all the songs played at a fiesta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZacbMin6E
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wild music blasting out, looks great Gary

You evidently travelled with Your unique art, dear Gary, since shapes, signs and warm, bright colors talks of a more exotic place and intense life. Beautiful!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Too trippy. When I opened this, I (still) am listening to Ruben Gonzalez a famous pianist from the Buena Vista Social Club. I own the CD but am linking it here so you know what I'm talking about. Uncanny, no? It so goes with this painting. Dance music! (I know Chile is way farther south, but this was on my personal dance card. . . apparently. Coming to you over Kr-POW 101 - Synchronicity from the Ethers . . .)

Perfection! Love the painting. I would hang it in a conga beat. It's like a montage of all the songs played at a fiesta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKZacbMin6E
    WOW... that is exactly the right music for this... I will have to get that album... guess that vibe was strong in the ethers !...

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Wild music blasting out, looks great Gary
    thanks jean

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    You evidently travelled with Your unique art, dear Gary, since shapes, signs and warm, bright colors talks of a more exotic place and intense life. Beautiful!
    Yes I love Latin music for its vibrant energy, complex rhythms... I feel very in tune with it at times. you should check out the link that D Akey provided...

The unusual (for you) portrait mode gives the painting a swing look that perfectly matches the title

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    The unusual (for you) portrait mode gives the painting a swing look that perfectly matches the title
    Thanks Andrea, your comment reminded me that canvas size and orientation are important, and because a I came from a landscape painter's background I tend to automatically stick to square or landscape rectangles. But while working this piece I realized it had to be portrait !.... and that in itself is fuel for more explorations and paintings

Very nice Gary....
    I can hear the music echoing throughout the streets!
    Good friend visited Valparaiso, said it reminded him of
    San Francisco in the past, artistic, and fun vibe of the
    city left good memories and a lasting impression on him.
    Would hang it in my entry hall, letting all know how they
    should feel when visiting my house!
    Take care friend,
    Speedy Steve

So colorful

It does make me think of carnival time. All the joy and celebration !

dear Speedy, thanks I hope you had a chance to listen to Chanchullo by Rubin G. it fits right in with this piece.

Marilyn Anne, thanks it came from a very happy place..