ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Having some problems

Having some problems

Hi, Love the program. Having some recent problems though. I am experiencing some consistent blotting . Any touch on my first generation iPad turns into a little circle. It repeats and repeats and actually has prevented me from painting which I have been doing for several years. Another thing is if I am using the knife tool it just stops working . I will be trying to use it and suddenly it just won't work anymore. I can paint if I clear off my iPad by rebooting and delete the Artrage app and reinstall the app. Then I can paint for a little while until it starts blotting again. Have not been able to work to the quality that I am used to. I recently had to clean up and take my iPad back to the beginning in order to restore my loss of memory on it. So, maybe it is related but we have worked on the blotting problem before but the knife thing is totally new. Hope you can help. I have been and I am now a daily, devoted user. Thanks. Marilyn Anne

This does sound like a memory issue. Do you know how to close your open ("parked") apps? (iPads never close apps, they just hide them and leave them open). It could be that there are other programs slowing ArtRage down, rather than the app itself.

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...ps-and-restart
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi and thanks

Yes, I keep my parked apps closed. Surprise to me was I painted last night after just making sure things were closed and the iPad was powered down. I always do that before I paint so I don't know what the difference was but I can certainly take a wait and see attitude. Oh, I did change my stylus and used a new one. Just trying to cover all the bases but who knows? Thanks! Marilyn Anne

Did you change the stylus before or after the problems showed up? (Can't quite tell from your answer!)

Hi

I changed the stylus after the problem. No idea if that makes any difference or not but I use a little round tip stylus and after awhile they do show wear. Haven't painted yet today to see where I stand. I will let you know if I have any problem. Thanks.

If you are still seeing problems, contact us on support@artrage.com and we will do a bit more troubleshooting with you.