ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Cat

Black Cat

Watercolour is so time consuming to emulate, but fun though.

Lots of the Gloop Pen, which I find is the best to get a simple watercolour wash with edges.

Attachment 79634

Fantastic! Sounds like a so called doctor from the Middle Ages, but way to bleed 'em -- and I don't mean for getting rid of the bad humors, neither. That's really a very clever and controlled use of a wet into wet bleed -- or at least the simulation of it from what you said about it taking lots of time. Excellent fur. Wonderful pose and attitude.

Really great. Just the right amount of marks too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Meow....
    I tried water coloring when I first got Artrage, scared the hell out of me!
    But... Black Cat here...you've got the control over the scary stuff, well..it
    was scary for me, just couldn't control the bleeding and kept trying to put
    more detail in it....defeating the whole concept of it.
    I really like this Robyn...but it still looks hard to do!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Thanks you two, it's great praise coming from you both.

It is great fun doing watercolour, if a little time consuming, and I have developed some really interesting methods to simulate the edges and different depth of colour within the washes. The gloop pen is so useful.

Throwing a bit of real colour onto some wet paper, and it does it all by itself!

It's marvellous! But keep him/her far from crossing my road! LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Don't. Worry. Caesar.. O Might. One. My Ginger Moncat. Will soon sort. Him/her. Out.

Sorry. Robbie. W/c. Looks. Good . . . . SLAINTE. To all. And your him/her. cat

I am certain I have seen this cat in my gardem, grest use of watercolours Robyn Love it
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Robyn, I was a watercolorist for several decades prior to discovering digital art... and your work here emulates that medium as closely as I have ever seen from AR. beautiful subject, simple but dramatic and so well done.. amazing, I will have to investigate the gloop pen more now that you have demonstrated it abilities in the right hand...

How can a beautiful creature like the one you skillfully painted can be considered a sign of misfortune?
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 03-01-2014 at 08:29 AM.

I do like your' surprised' black cat.....a very nice study.I wonder if Arthur would like him or her.