ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roosters

Roosters

Done in watercolor and ink pen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roosters.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	79617  

A placid and luminous painting, very nice to look at! Good to know they're not fighting! A nice couple of old friends recalling good all times when they had affairs with all the hens of the neighborhood. LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Charming!

Love the watercolor washes and the truly proud roosters. Nice one!

There's something very comforting about paintings of poultry. Very lovely Pat!

They do appear particularly tenured, very pleased with themselves, not too many challenges. Definitely not fighting cocks. Look more like professors at University in their gowns waiting their turn to give a talk at a graduation and hand out an ear of corn or two. Nice representation of whites both in light and in shadow.

Lovely image. Delicate and spirited.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Pat , excellent job on this the watercolor background looks very authentic especially the slightly darker touches against the ligher color looks like a dry brush watercolor technique, the rooster are well formed and painted so overall an excellent job...and charming subject.

Well done with that unique gentle touch in watercolors.

Pat, this is a fabulous wc picture.I just say,i like it because it so nicely bright and optimistic.Those roosters are really gorgeous, nicely colored feathers on them. Thumbs up.:-)
    Yeah, I am making slow return, I've done small sketch today.I like them a bit sloppy.love to see the brushes and hands at work even when work is finished.

That so pretty, I really like the colors you used