ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camp Octopus

Camp Octopus

Did this based on a doodle at work. Tried to do it only from imagination, so lighting probably not realistic nut never mind! Spent a while on this compared to my other sketches.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	79589

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	79590

2. Realism isn't all it's cracked up to be . The painting is adorable, and I don't think having "better" lighting would have improved it. Very nicely done!

I love it, including the drawing study!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This would make a fine character for a childrens book, I bet he has a lot of stories to tell. Great work
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

He looks great

It's a really cute illustration. very nice

Thanks for the feedback everyone - might make a few undersea friends for him!

I was sure I commented on this thread, but I've been lost! Love your octopus, he's such a beautiful character and very well rendered!

Looks wonderful and whimsical and I can tell that your meetings appear as dull as most of my high school classes. I don't think a text book made it through to sell to the upcoming class for the next year owing to it being filled with such drawings. The good news for you is that you should have nearly every denizen of the deep pictured in short order. Thank goodness for boredom. A great boon to cartoons.

This is great.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

very nice doodle and I love the bright red color... could be a character in a children's book for sure.