Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexandra 2014 Doodles New One on Last Page

Hi Steve and Pai, I enjoyed reading your interpretations, and thanks so much! The second one was indeed wind chimes, and the first one I was painting while watching Beowulf-haha! The cave scene was amazing. Loved that movie. Of course Gerard Butler helped a lot...

Amanda, thank you! You know, we had a fellow on Deviant Art that I thought so much of. He told me when I felt as if I couldn't think of anything to paint, to keep on painting-and paint abstracts. I think he was right. They are so calming and inspiring as well.

Victor, I am so flattered, thank you so very much!

Pleasant Dreams

It is said that nothing is original, and I believe this to be true.
    I've seen similar art with this idea as a person in fruit, a person as a root, and various other things.
    So, this is from my imagination, inspired by others, using AR oils and knife.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like very much that intriguing painting where You play the organ and I find the last one very abstractive! LOL Whatever You paint it's a success!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This last one is very dreamlike.
    Almost like when you dream you have fallen out of bed and are about to be rudely awaken with that nasty little jolt. ha ha.
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Your paintings always feel so close to nature and earth, they are magical
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Sandy, you must live in a magical place there...as you seem to capture all the woodland sprites, elves and other earth creatures unawares.. wonderfully creative and I love the colors... the blue really plays well against the earth tones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    It is said that nothing is original, and I believe this to be true.
    I've seen similar art with this idea as a person in fruit, a person as a root, and various other things.
    So, this is from my imagination, inspired by others, using AR oils and knife.

Dear Sandy,
    And some say "originality is non-existent", and “It’s not where you take things from – it’s where you take them to.”

I really enjoyed just looking at this piece, and as I tried to come up with comments to descibe what I see and what it means to me.... Well, I am just going to say..... 'I love where your imagination has taken us with this painting, may have been inspiration from others but creatively re-crafted by you expressing your feelings and thoughts thought out the painting!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 03-22-2014 at 10:10 PM.

... I would modestly agree with Steve, dear Sandra, and say that You're unique (original applies, alas, to the first sin thus it would sound unappropriate for Your nice person). Unique is also Your art and so the visual (and emotional) world where You take us all and I can assure it is a most pleasant and interesting place to explore and rest, the one You go on creating as a benign goddess ... No fee required for this comment though ...LOL
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Cesare, You are such a bright and kind person here, and your comments are always as such, thank you dear friend.

Dear Amanda, Thank you and you are right, to me this was a state of dreaming but more of a healing rest
    where a person may surrender their thoughts and float away and rejuvenate...maybe to a place we once were before we were born even...
    but again it could very well be the one where boom, the floating stops and the falling starts...and it is always
    a landing and a jolt-oh I hate those dreams, haha

Thanks so much Dear Andrea and Gary, I live in a rural quiet area surrounded by trees and nature, and really enjoy it.
    The trees, the birds, and the privacy itself is a nice retreat with a lot of inspiration. I am one of those quiet folk that enjoys
    watching the birds and listening. I have been here so long I am beginning to think that I am planted with the trees here now-haha.

Thank you Steve. You know, there is so much inspiration around us now, isn't there? Books, the internet is loaded with art, and then
    there is the great out doors...whoa the most beautiful creativity there-and that is all original out there though. Each and every little thing
    even us are all completely different even though we may share similarities.

Sandy, you are so right, and this is a Sandy Original and a wonderful one