Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexandra 2014 Doodles New One on Last Page

Hi Jean, good to see you too, and thanks so much.

These are "uwoduhi" as usual Sandy!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Wado Wita! I sure appreciate it dear man, it is wonderful to see you.

Lovely paintings, gentle touch

Bod Owens..my idea of the characters

I wanted to illustrate a character from a much loved book and author.

"Ah," said Bod. Then, suspicion forming, tentatively, he said, "They say a witch is buried here."
    She nodded. "Drownded and burned and buried here without as much as a stone to mark the spot."

Neil Gaiman "The Graveyard Book"

Thanks, Andrea, sure appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like the bird in the beginning of the topic, very colourful

Your last paining is very eerie probably fits right into the mood of the book, because that sounds so creepy.
    But it's nicely done.^^

This sounds very random but I really like how you've drawn the feet lol I can't draw them at all

Beautiful Sandy, both of them.And so good you are back at least for a while.

Don't know the story, but I can guess it will be filled with wonder and challenge. Sounds compelling, as is this very mysterious, Goth illustration. Almost as if she's going to discover her true self through the ordeal.

Nice one!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Witches and ghosts for the forthcoming springtime ... LOL Nice painting for an intriguing character.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Haha Silver O, thanks, and thanks for viewing!

Silly doodling AT, but thanks so much. Good to see you.

Hi D Akey, it is my interpretation of the two characters, the expression of the boy, and the deceased from long ago. I am just sad that it has taken me so long to discover Neil Gaiman. On a monthly visit to the library and checking out books with my son, I grabbed a few of his stories written for kids. Coraline, Odd and the Frost Giant, and The Graveyard Book, I couldn't put down...devoured them this weekend. So, now I begin reading a few of his others for adults this week...Neverwhere, Anansi Boys, American Gods. I join his long list of fans.

Hi Cesare, I know it is not the time to upload such a strange drawing as this. It was something I made on a whim after reading this story. I am on one of those reading sprees I guess, and this is one of those things, if you haven't read the story, it would be difficult to understand. A great one though if you are in the mood for something different. A boy who is raised and educated by the best....without giving away the story, I will stop here. Thanks for peeking in though, and your nice comment! I will be sure to upload some flowers soon, as things are blooming and the weather is changing...finally!