ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rose on Black

Rose on Black

Black just makes other colours pop.

Attachment 79474

And they 'POP' indeed!
    Beautifully done Robyn, if I could find some blooming around here....might try one myself!
    Take care friend,
    Steve

There are too few expression icons here to communicate (apart from missing gesture ones to complement). Brava!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Robyn, you really nailed the colors in this I think, the delicate rose pink and sage greens of the leaves. quite a beautiful work. I love the color black !...

Thanks Gary, Steve and Caesar. Pink and green is always a pleasing combination. I think I overworked the rose itself somewhat, and feel like erasing that and starting again. We'll see.

Wow! Robyn its beautiful, I love the delicate pinks and the fluid looking brush strokes, it is stunning.
    It looks like the Queen Elizabeth Rose I had in the 80's the scent was gorgeous, the painting brings back memories.
    Christine.(Paint what you see, not what you know to be there)

Artrage Magazines https://app.box.com/s/6ybcbpnu1rw3tqee40hge5eb7eag6on6

http://saphire1948.deviantart.com/gallery/

Robyn, this is a beauty, such lovely colors and perfect painting

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Thanks Gary, Steve and Caesar. Pink and green is always a pleasing combination. I think I overworked the rose itself somewhat, and feel like erasing that and starting again. We'll see.
    I am wondering what to your eye seems overworked? I see that the colors and brushwork in the rose uses flat colors of differing tones and is more careful than the almost abstract brushwork of the leaves and stems.. but to my eye the rose is the central character in this play and the leaves and stems and background stay back and allow that to happen... anyway maybe you could elaborate on that overwork? just my natural curiousity!

9. I think it's quite lovely myself, not overworked at all. Beautiful.

I kinda wanted the rose to be more 'sketchy', and filled it in a bit too smooth.