ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropbox, iPad

Dropbox, iPad

I do all of my art on my iPad with ArtRage and I back up my paintings to dropbox. I just got a new iPad and I see no way to get the files from drop box into ArtRage on the new iPad. Can somebody please tell me how to do this? I have been googling with no luck so far.

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to transfer back into the iPad from Dropbox, though I'll check with one of the others. (edit: checked, I was right).

You have to do it through iTunes, which is the only way to view an App's actual content. All the other methods are just ways of exporting copies that other programs can access.

1/ Launch iTunes.

2/ Connect your iPad to your computer with the USB dock cable.

3/ Select your iPad from the Devices list in the iTunes Library column, then click the Apps tab.

4/ Now scroll to the bottom of the iTunes window to see the File Sharing area.

5/ Select 'ArtRage'. You will see a list of files appear in the right hand window. You can transfer files in and out of this folder.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Oh thank you! I use that method to access other apps' data files, I never thought if that re. ArtRage. I'll give it a try, thx!

Thumbs up

It worked great! Thx!!!

Fantastic!

Import from Dropbox ?

So, do I understand that one can save AR images to DB, but I can't turn around and import or open them (using the iPad), and that the way to do this is via iTunes ?

Thx.

Yes, that's correct.Due to the way Apple designs its products, it doesn't let you import content to apps except through the approved channels (e.g. iTunes).

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to transfer back into the iPad from Dropbox, though I'll check with one of the others. (edit: checked, I was right).
    WOW! Another reason to use Android All we need to do is open the Dropbox app.. Import to Gallery.. and then open it in AR from the Gallery

iCloud drive beats Dropbox

Dropbox is OK but I find for roundtrip editing/design that iCloud drive functionality provides the most fluid workflow.

After having used IA Writer, Pixelmator, Affinity Designer and iDraw back and forth across my iPads, laptop and desktop seamlessly for the past 8 months, thanks to their iCloud integration, I have to say that I really miss this functionality when using Artrage. I really, really hope the Artrage team considers adding this functionality like the apps mentioned above because iCloud integration has increased my productivity dramatically and I think other iPad/Mac users would find the same. Pixelmator has gone from an app I barely used to one I use all the time thanks to iCloud.

Using DROPBOX for ARPACK

Am a newbie and have a question.

Browsing the AR sharing forum, I've clicked on a link to make a download and get taken to dropbox. When I click on the box with the up arrow, then go into open an app I do not see that I can open the ARPACK file to ArtRage, though there are several other apps shown.

I have linked, in AR, my dropbox account, and saved an image to the ArtRage folder.

Do I conclude that it is not possible to open the ARPACK to ArtRage from Dropbox ? Or is there a setting that I'm missing ?

Thanks.