ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mother Portrait

Smile My Mother Portrait

Critique always welcome and I would appreciate any feedback
    Please advice me.

"Art Doesn't Hurt! "
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mami portrait final con frame.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	79442  
    Last edited by luzmar1997; 02-22-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Lightbulb Please I need feedback.

Please I need feedback I need help to improve my paint.

It's actually a pretty good effort. I would try to increase the depth of your shapes, by darkening under the neck/chin, the nose, corners of the mouth and maybe the eyes, She just looks a bit flat. Have a go anyway!

copespeak

Thank you copespeak for your advise. Also I would like to improve her skin color do you know how I can improve the color on her skin to look more natural? My problem is that I am very new on ArtRage.
    I will following your advises. Thank you one more time I am really appreciate that.

Maybe get a photo (with the skin colour of your mother) off the net (or the one you're working from?) and put it in as a reference image, then use your colour picker to get the right colour. You can get your ink pen, set it to 'color', not 'normal' and colour in the skin only. Sometimes this can give pleasing results, but requires some playing with your colour selector.

Or, you can select the skin areas and then 'Edit>adjust layer colours' and move your sliders around to get a more pleasing skin tone. But I would certainly get a ref photo so you know what you're aiming for.

Hope that helps!!

Very nice.
    I'm also new to ArtRage!
    Maybe fluff her hair up a little more, add more volume to the back/top. Try looking at other pictures of women who have fluffy hair.
    She'll love it!

Lovely painting of a very pretty lady! I think that she will love this. I would add some more highlighting to her nose, chin, and cheeks, to help give depth to her face and make her features stand out more. I would even out the pink and greyish tones. A good way to get some good natural skin colors might be to import some photos of people that have skin tones that are similar to hers, and then use the color sampler tool to create a palette to work from.

Good luck, and let us know how she likes the painting! Keep practicing, you have very obvious talent here!
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

I agree that it needs both shadows and highlights to add depth -- I am always amazed, if I look at a black and white photo, just how dark the shadows on a face are, and how bright the highlights are. You could add a little shadow along the hairline, in addition to the places mentioned by others above. But this is a really lovely portrait!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Maybe get a photo (with the skin colour of your mother) off the net (or the one you're working from?) and put it in as a reference image, then use your colour picker to get the right colour. You can get your ink pen, set it to 'color', not 'normal' and colour in the skin only. Sometimes this can give pleasing results, but requires some playing with your colour selector.

Or, you can select the skin areas and then 'Edit>adjust layer colours' and move your sliders around to get a more pleasing skin tone. But I would certainly get a ref photo so you know what you're aiming for.

Hope that helps!!
    Greetings Copespeak,

Thank you for all your advices, I really need to play more with Artrage program this program has a lots of functions that I don't know how to use it. Now I can't do some changes to the portrait, because I already saved it and when I try to opened in Artrage the program do not allow me to do it, Maybe I have to do her portrait one more time.
    Last edited by luzmar1997; 04-04-2014 at 05:11 AM.

Thank you Fiawin

Quote Originally Posted by Fiawin View Post
    Very nice.
    I'm also new to ArtRage!
    Maybe fluff her hair up a little more, add more volume to the back/top. Try looking at other pictures of women who have fluffy hair.
    She'll love it!
    Welcome to this big family, and thank you for your advices... I need to practice a lot more I was thinking in repaint my mother portrait.