ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cannot save .ptg in Artrage Studio Pro 3.5

Cannot save .ptg in Artrage Studio Pro 3.5

I have been using Art Rage Studio Pro for nearly 2 years, all of a sudden it wouldn't let me save, I'd create a new project and when I try to 'save as' the following error message appears:

"An error occurred opening the requested file.
    There was an error during shutdown trying to save your work. Please try again using a different name or location."

I have tried saving as a different name in different location, even re-saving an already existing .ptg file and it won't save that either. I have since updated to version 3.5.11 and it STILL doesn't save.

It basically renders Art Rage useless to me now.

I am on a Mac OS 10.6.8 but as far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything about my computer since I first used Art Rage when it worked perfectly. The only thing different is we moved house so the internet connection is different but I'd assume that was irrelevant.

I cannot seem to find anyone with the same problem, which worries me. Any ideas?

We're sorry to hear you are having problems - I've replied to your support email, so hopefully we can solve this with a bit of troubleshooting.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhepworth View Post
    I have been using Art Rage Studio Pro for nearly 2 years, all of a sudden it wouldn't let me save, I'd create a new project and when I try to 'save as' the following error message appears:

"An error occurred opening the requested file.
    There was an error during shutdown trying to save your work. Please try again using a different name or location."

I have tried saving as a different name in different location, even re-saving an already existing .ptg file and it won't save that either. I have since updated to version 3.5.11 and it STILL doesn't save.

It basically renders Art Rage useless to me now.

I am on a Mac OS 10.6.8 but as far as I'm aware I haven't changed anything about my computer since I first used Art Rage when it worked perfectly. The only thing different is we moved house so the internet connection is different but I'd assume that was irrelevant.

I cannot seem to find anyone with the same problem, which worries me. Any ideas?
    Here's a long shot for what it's worth… Are you trying to use any "forbidden" characters in the save dialog?
    I have only ever encountered that message you quoted when trying to use "forbidden" characters in the file name I wanted to save.
    In that instance it was me wanting to use the "forward slash" that got me.
    / will work elsewhere on Macs but strangely NOT with ArtRage files.
    Generally on Macs we can use anything in a name, but on a Mac trying to use the colon : in a name will always fail, system wide.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)