ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terraced Houses

Terraced Houses

Quick 45 minute sketch while I sat in the car on a rainy morning. Would have liked more time but that's life!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	79371  

what a fantastic loose city sketch. actually I think the loose suggestive quality of this work keeps it fresh...if it would have been me with more time I would have overworked it ......very nice work... did you do it on an ipad?

I like your quick sketch, blurred windshield from the rain effect and all....
    Sometimes quick is better, and not letting 'the old overdone' get his foot in the door.
    I'm still working on that!
    Nicely done,
    Steve

Recent:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...SE-UP-)/page19
    Workshop:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...avorite-models

'Quick' often creates the the most wonderful work. Your perspective and colours are really terrific. Well done!

Thank you very much, there's definitely an advantage in having limited time, makes you try to make every second count. I can see endless problems with it so it's helpful to have some positive comments.

Welcome to the forums. This feels free and loose, very nice
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great quick watercolor sketch

You really got the essence of it all. The buildings are great, the rainy look ....very effective!

I like Your dynamic synthesis here. Welcome!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I think I really like your line work. What I mean by that is it is mostly covered by paint jabs. But I can see enough to know the kind of drawing it is, and I really like it. In fact, I would go so far as to say it's the skeleton of this picture, and like with the human body, parts are poking up through the dermis indicating the bones giving everything shape. If there were no bones it would melt into a blob. Because your painting in this one around the cars sort of loses shape (even though we as people living in such a world know what the colors strokes suggest and can sort it), I find the parts where the line breathes along with the paint, and even some white of the paper, to be a really nice synthesis.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! Yes it was done on an iPad, indeedy.