ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pleaaaaaaaaase !

Pleaaaaaaaaase !

Hi,

I know if I want to set a new clone source, I have to do alt + click on a location. Unhappily, with my click-n-type keyboard, it seldom works. It would be really very practical if a button in the interface could allow us to set a new clone source.

Thank you.
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5
    Draw and paint with a simple corded mouse.
    My gallery: http://500px.com/cb6973

Hi Claudine
    Not sure this is a huge help but you could try this; When you want a different sample area, open the 'Settings' panel for the 'Clone Tool' and click in the top part of the settings window (where the icon for the tool is) from the popup menu choose 'Reset Current Tool'. You can now pick a new part of the canvas to be the sauce point for the clone.
    This is a bit of a work around I know, as the down side is you will loose any tool settings but you could set them again manually which would be a drag.
    You are right the addition of an on screen button, maybe added to the settings window, to just reset the sauce point would be good.
    Last edited by markw; 02-13-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you, you are wonderful !

Of course, that could be more practical, but fortunately this possibility exists.
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

If you're using a drawing tablet, perhaps you could re-assign one of the buttons (either on the pen, or the tablet base) to act as your "Alt+left click". They you'd only need to click the button to reset the clone position.

Here's how I did this on my Wacom (left side was for the tablet base button; right side was for my pen button):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	modifiers.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	140.1 KB 
ID:	79341
    Last edited by Someonesane; 02-14-2014 at 04:33 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yes, that's another solution. Thak you !
    Windows 10 - Surface
    ArtRage 5

Hello Claudine,
    So yesterday I found myself needing to use the Clone tool a lot and having to switch the source area frequently as I worked.
    Whilst I do have one of my tablet's keys set as the Option key I also realized as I worked that an easy way to make choosing the clone source a one handed operation was to save a preset for the Clone tool and when I need to change the source just tap the pen on the preset and the clone paint head changes back to the source picker automatically.
    I found in Workbench mode this is very nearly as efficient as using the Option key to reselect the source point.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)