ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Hidden Lights

Hidden Lights

ok I know this is a little over the top, a cross between a comic book and a cartoon, maybe one too many Starbucks this morning but it was fun ! hope you get a smile from it atleast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hidden Lights.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	312.2 KB 
ID:	79308  

Great colours, and the outline and shadowing gives it a 3D effect. Very interesting!

It looks something from the maya era

Why do I think 'pinball machine' in Toon Town? Very amusing indeed. Now get back to watching Simpsons or whatever you have been feasting on. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Maybe a landing field for Dragonball ... I'm kidding. This is a sort of neo-Lichtenstein-Haring derived cartoon style and I like it very much, better than manga or today's often most confused and dark looking comics style.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Great colours, and the outline and shadowing gives it a 3D effect. Very interesting!
    thanks Robyn, I can't say exactly what drove me in this direction but I think as Caesar points out I have been looking at and trying some things like Lichtenstein and Keith Haring..

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    It looks something from the maya era
    funny I have done other works in the past and other mentioned that they looked Mayan also... hmmm maybe a past life..

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Maybe a landing field for Dragonball ... I'm kidding. This is a sort of neo-Lichtenstein-Haring derived cartoon style and I like it very much, better than manga or today's often most confused and dark looking comics style.
    Caesar you really do pick up on influences... I am going to show you something I did recently that was a direct take on Lichtenstein..and Andy Warhol. They have since influenced my sense of color and form and given me a greater appreciation for comic style. BTW these were done from photographs as I have little ability to draw the human face.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoyLichtenstein-Biff.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	574.0 KB 
ID:	79327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW style portrait.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	234.0 KB 
ID:	79328  

Great stuff Gary!
    'Comtoonic'?, Boy that didn't get past spellchecker!
    Don't let the buzz wear off, really enjoy looking at all the new one's.....
    Keep them coming,
    fingers and keyboard
    can take it.....
    Steve

Steve, I tried 3 time to reply to this and for some reason after I enter my reply and click on Submit Reply IE seems to hang and the reply does get posted so I am switching to Chrome... anyway thanks for your comment and I like ComToonic ...