ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mac problem with ArtRage Studio Wacom - v.3.0.7

Unhappy Mac problem with ArtRage Studio Wacom - v.3.0.7

I have bought Wacom product and have received a free download of Artrage.

So I downloaded ArtRage Studio Wacom - v.3.0.7, but then it cannot work properly in my Mac. Everytime I open Artrage, I cannot see my cursor in the Artrage window. I can see my cursor on the panels like choosing tools, changing colours, but when I move my cursor to the painting area, it disappears. And if I paint, it takes 30 seconds to show the stroke. However, Artrage never hangs, it just works really slowly.

Is it because of my Mac OS X 10.9.1?
    Last edited by teresang; 02-11-2014 at 04:20 PM.

It is absolutely because of your Mac OSX 10.9

You need to get the latest update, 3.5.11, directly from us (Wacom still has the older versions, so this is a fairly common problem).

You can do this by going to members.artrage.com and creating an account. Once you have done this, register your serial number, and you will be able to download the latest version for MAC OSX or Windows (hint: don't download the Windows one ).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Thanks for your suggestion! But when I log in, I can just find ArtRage Studio Wacom - v.3.0.7.
    I cannot find the latest update, 3.5.11.
    Where should I look for?

Your ArtRage license appears to have come from a Wacom bundle intended for China, that version was limited to version 3.0. I've made some adjustments and you should now be able to download 3.5.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks a lot!
    Problem is solved!

I have exactly the same issue.

Invisible cursor and delayed brush strokes

Im excited to use this software, but Im having a similar issue with version 3.5.4
    I don't see a cursor, and if I attempt to draw then something there is a delay of 5-15 seconds before any marks show on the canvas I am working on. Is there some other work around other than installing an update? It looks to me like I have the latest version.
    Any advice? Thanks!

New iMac running OS X 10.9.2, using Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Tablet
    Last edited by ThanosNihilist; 03-01-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThanosNihilist View Post
    Im excited to use this software, but Im having a similar issue with version 3.5.4
    I don't see a cursor, and if I attempt to draw then something there is a delay of 5-15 seconds before any marks show on the canvas I am working on. Is there some other work around other than installing an update? It looks to me like I have the latest version.
    Installing the updated version for Mavericks is the only solution for this. Mavericks came out after the version you are using, so it was not possible to design it for Mavericks at the time. You need to get the most recent version. (3.5.4 is an earlier version than 3.5.11, so you do not actually have the latest version).
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!