ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressage

Dressage

I was approached at our last Artist Market by someone from a dressage riding group to do some work to be given as prizes.

Attachment 79298

I did this sketch and wash to match another I had done a while back, then got really inspired to do a full colour painting. This is the result, and I loved doing it and am very pleased.

Attachment 79299

I'm not sure I will sell this next one to her for a pittance, but will get some framed and present it as a 'limited edition' print on the open market.

This has really inspired me more than anything else I have done digitally.

Ooooo. . . SWEET!!!!! I would really love to offer you an apple or maybe a carrot. . . You must be a horse to reflect horses so well. I love the color one expecially. It feels like horse (skin/flesh/hide/hair/fur. . . whatchamacallit -- the brown outside horse epidermis stuff)! Nice how you lit it. Perfect color choice. Really good character in the drawings.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

These are fantastic Robyn....
    Youngest daughter rode English and started show jumping at a early age,
    I thought I was going to have a heart attack at every event. She now just
    trains horses and riders in the sport. Relief....
    These are very nice, bought back
    memories.
    Take care,
    Steve

Thank you Mr Akey, you always fuel my inspiration.

And to you too Steve. Yes, I had horses for years and my daughters rode as well. My eldest still does.

They are wonderful creatures ... not as good as dogs mind, but they are so meltingly beautiful. I still get a lump in my throat when I see a particularly beautiful one.

I have been invited to be official photographer at their next event in March, so hope to have lots more for inspiration. I collect heaps of my photos, and am going to trawl through and find some more to have a crack at.

Both are great and love the coloured

This painting is really very well done. The composition is striking and I really like your style of painting.

These artpieces are absolutely excellent. I'm really in awe in front of Your mastery, dear mate. If I may ask You, it looks like You start Your painting from a darker background (te one shich we may see through Your brushstrokes), don't You?
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-11-2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you Jmac, Jean and Caesar. You are always so lovely with your comments.

Yes, Caesar, I started with a dark ground, though I wince when I think of all the ink I will use when I print. But it gives me the drama I like, and the areas of the horse I wanted to disappear totally.

On some recent ones, I just use a complimentary colour that will give punch to the brush strokes, not necessarily dark.

Yes Robbie even Hoss looks pleased. May I call Stubbs. ? . . SLAINTE

You. You.