ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How can i change the size of a brush

How can i change the size of a brush

Well i understand that one way is to use the size widget in the bottom left. I have aPhotoshop and i can easily change the brush size by using a keyboard shortcut, but i can't seem to find a similar method in art rage. Surely something as basic as this has not been overlooked. I have to say that having purchased this some years ago and only just found it after a move of home, i am totally amazed at the excellence of art rage.

You say you purchased it "some years ago". Could you tell us which version of ArtRage you have? There has been some changes over the past few years, so it'd be easier to directly answer your question, if we knew which version you have. For example, in ArtRage 3 (studio/pro) and ArtRage 4, you can Hold the Shift key down and drag your stylus over the canvas (or left click drag, your mouse) to resize the brush (all the way up to 500%, too). ArtRage 3 (studio/pro) and ArtRage 4, also allows you to set up hot keys to increase/decrease the size of the tools in increments of 1% - 10%. I want to say that ArtRage 2.6 used the arrow keys for this (which were default and couldn't be changed), but I'm going off of my rusty memory on that, as I don't currently have 2.6 installed and can't double check it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    I want to say that ArtRage 2.6 used the arrow keys for this (which were default and couldn't be changed), but I'm going off of my rusty memory on that, as I don't currently have 2.6 installed and can't double check it.
    Don't oil your creaky brain just yet, you're correct. Holding down the Left and Right arrows in 2.6 will increase or decrease the size of the selected tool.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi and thank you so much. I should have said that the version i have is 3.5.11 pro having updated since re discovering the programme. Also i am a Mac user. The method oh holding the shift key works fine for me. Now i need to get some practice in and also may i add that the tutorials by Judith tremayne are excellent and a great way to get to grips with the interface.
    Thanks once more

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    Don't oil your creaky brain just yet, you're correct. Holding down the Left and Right arrows in 2.6 will increase or decrease the size of the selected tool.
    lol. Thanks for the verification Hannah. I was fairly certain they did; just not entirely, though.

Quote Originally Posted by deeahr2169 View Post
    Hi and thank you so much. I should have said that the version i have is 3.5.11 pro having updated since re discovering the programme. Also i am a Mac user. The method oh holding the shift key works fine for me. Now i need to get some practice in and also may i add that the tutorials by Judith tremayne are excellent and a great way to get to grips with the interface.
    Thanks once more
    No problem. Yes, Judith's tutorials are very good starting point for learning the program. I'm not quit as organized with my videos (as they're mainly posted in direct response to queries brought up here in the forums), but I have a number of tutorials and demonstration videos for ArtRage here, as well.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.