ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Blue Persuasion

Crystal Blue Persuasion

heehee, an old song from my past, I evolved this work with a Photoshop-AR-Photoshop workflow, it takes some of the features of my past works and I hope has some freshness to it also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crystal Blue Persuasion.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	430.6 KB 
ID:	79268  

Fresh and beautiful!

Thanks Robyn... I appreciate your eye for color and detail.

Colors and geometrical shapes meet just like in a stained glass church window. Bravo

Hey Gary,
    Really like this, putting a title on makes it for me.....
    Usually think I should be looking for or seeing something interwoven
    within the paint...On occasion I would, but that was years ago.
    I'm no expert or critic, but definitely dig this painting!
    By the way, great song
    and even greater year
    it was....
    Steve

Gary, good to see you back and with a lovely wild explosion of colour

It's Matisse and Chagall in a colored window. I love this brilliant painting, the romboidal shape, how You arranges shapes and the colors effectively and harmonically, orderly and variedly. The frame too is an essential part of this artpiece. This is possibly one of Your best.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Colors and geometrical shapes meet just like in a stained glass church window. Bravo
    thanks I have been trying to evolve my love of geometry and color into something that inspires, much like a great stain glass work.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hey Gary,
    Really like this, putting a title on makes it for me.....
    Usually think I should be looking for or seeing something interwoven
    within the paint...On occasion I would, but that was years ago.
    I'm no expert or critic, but definitely dig this painting!
    By the way, great song
    and even greater year
    it was....
    Steve
    Steve I am a big fan of you work and style, so your appreciative remarks mean a lot.. I have had snatchs of that lyric in my head for the past couple of days and it really seem to fit this work.

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Gary, good to see you back and with a lovely wild explosion of colour
    thanks Jean I seem to have released a lot of built up painting and color tension after not painting for so many months...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It's Matisse and Chagall in a colored window. I love this brilliant painting, the romboidal shape, how You arranges shapes and the colors effectively and harmonically, orderly and variedly. The frame too is an essential part of this artpiece. This is possibly one of Your best.
    Ah Caesar those are both of my very favorite painters, their color, and magical qualities of their work has always inspired me.. as you have seen so much of my work your assessment that this might be one of my best carries great weight. thanks my friend.

I loved this movie: Mosaics Gone Wild. "Right! Come on, deary! Show us yer chips! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

For me, the orderly arrangement of tile work has always been about flat spacing on a 2D plane. But this has a feeling of cascading tiles for me. Feels like a showering of color like one of those old corny movies about Aladdin or somebody who has found a trove filled with gold coins and is scooping hand fulls up into the air with fingers splayed and watching them shower down -- as a classic display of wealth in coins.

So here, one of the nice things about virtual art, we can sort of create a similar tone -- an infinite array of colors at whim.

Now for me, in this painting, we're in the archetypical Artist's Treasure Trove. And we're watching a cascade of gems of many colors, which are cut flat like mosaic tiles and/or paint swatches that when any are placed on the palette, will provide an endless supply of that color we can use or spend in the world creating a wealth of visual possibilities, our wildest dreams. Magical in a way. BWAHAHAHA!!!! I'M RICH!!! (though very tasteful. . .)

I also agree about the feel of stained glass. In fact I think it would make a magnificent window.

Very fine job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wonderfully colorful

I would love to interpret this in fabric. I am a quilter and this woud be outstanding to do something similar.