ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mirroring/Flipping horizontally or vert reference images and layers - Is it possible?

1. Exclamation Mirroring/Flipping horizontally or vert reference images and layers - Is it possible?

Is it possible to flip/mirror a reference image or a drawing selection horizontally or vertically? This is easily accomplished in Corel Painter or Photoshop, but I'd like to be able to do this in ArRage 4. I haven't found such an option. I thought the transform tool should be able to do this but doesn't. I want to be able to manipulate my references. Thanks for any suggestions.

You currently cannot flip a reference image.

You can flip a selected part of the drawing.

Press H for flipping horizontally and V for flipping vertically

You can also do this with unselected paintings, to get a temporary preview/check the mirror image.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

hi there,
    I tryed and it worked. is this an hidden feature?
    I was looking too for this, 'cause it's not documented neither in the PDF manual.
    thanks, my life is easier now :-)
    cheers... Vince

I guess it is pretty hidden! It has been around since ArtRage 2, so I guess we forgot it's not obvious.

You can browse through (and change) all the keyboard shortcuts by going to Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts . There are some interesting ones in there, so it's worth doing.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

There is also the right click method. If you make a selection and then click on it with the Transform tool (or use Edit > Transform Layer Contents), you can then right click over the Transformation rig, which will open a menu with a number of options to select from (See screen shot below). This method can also be used in flipping the stencils and non-flattened stickers. The manual for ArtRage 4 mentions the right click menu, but seems to neglect mentioning the features of the menu specifically. At least for normal transformations. It does bring up the flipping option when it comes to the same procedure with the stencils.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fliptransform.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	79314
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.