ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volume

Volume

My big Le Creuset painted with ArtRage Oil brush. I am concentrating on painting volume this time.

Name:  gryta.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  21.5 KB
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-10-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Very hand done but skillful method that features clearly the human voice. I will be curious to see where you take this and how the style would translate to other kinds of objects.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Clogs - graphite

Name:  clogs.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  72.6 KB

I am doing some self studies. The subject right now is volume. This drawing of my clogs was done on paper using a 2B pencil. 15 x 15 cm size. I use the word "volume" to describe the thing I am doing, "mass" could be another word for it. Here is a good link. While Stan Prokopenko uses the word "form" for the same thing (I think it is wrong using form the same way as volume) he is still good at explaining the thing in a simple and understandable way. Here is the video I had today from his YouTube channel. Have a look, it is worth it.

So real

It does have presence. Very nicely done.

Thank you for commenting

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It does have presence. Very nicely done.
    I donīt understand. I am sorry. What does "It does have presence" mean? Thank you for commenting.

I think I mean that it seems really there

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I donīt understand. I am sorry. What does "It does have presence" mean? Thank you for commenting.
    The goal you had set that it has volume to me means real mass. A sense of presence, of weight. You could touch the object and it would feel right. Hope that helps. I guess it is what it means to me.

Clogs drawing is marvellous and You certainly succeeded to give volume to your pot. Now just add some water (it would be interesting to add its reflecting surface) and let it boil. I've got a some linguine and fine pesto sauce for tasting one of the Genoan specialties.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Some editing in ArtRage

Name:  clogs.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  67.7 KB

I made some corrections and editing in ArtRage to get the drawing of my clogs to look right.

Marilyn Anne: I see what you mean. The "nuances" in the English language is not my strength. Thank you!
    Caesar: Oh! Pesto Genovese + Cheese + Olives + Pasta is a favourite dish of mine. Sometimes I make my own Pesto from spinach, basil, walnuts, pineseed, garlic, cheese and olive oil. I will do that today. I prefere black Kalamata and green Halkidiki olives. I prepare them in salt, garlic and origanum some hours before eating. With some nice red wine it will be a perfect meal for the family tonite when they come home. Thanks for the tip!

Teddy

Name:  teddy.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  55.0 KB

I painted this using ArtRage Felt Pen. A volume Teddy.

A solid ball

Name:  klot.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  38.2 KB

This is a solid volume made of clay. ArtRage Oil Brush. A shadow study. All shadow elements like in this Stan Prokopenkos video.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-10-2014 at 12:23 AM.