ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Graphic tablet: which one?

Gallery
    View images

Graphic tablet: which one?

Hi everybody!
    I've got an HP Pavillon notebook (Windows Media Center) and i'd like to get a graphic tablet for a better use of ArtRage... I've heard 'bout a Wacom tablet which is not too expensive: would it be ok? Or should i look for something else? I can't spend too much, you know...
    Thanks for any advice!

Aksomama

Gallery
    View images
    Hi,

All the Wacom series are good.

But watch out for the cheaper ones, the Volito nibs cannot be changed when they wear down. A new pen costs almost as much as a whole new system.

More expensive ones can detect tilt of the pen, which is nice for Airbrushing.

Size is a matter of taste, the bigger the more expensive.

Mine is 4 1/2 by 5 1/2. and works fine.

Pros will recommend bigger versions.

Phil

Phil
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Gallery
    View images
    I've been using the Wacom Intuos3 (6x9) for a couple years now, and I've never regretted it. Smooth as butter and very well-built. Worth every penny I paid for it.

Gallery
    View images
    I've got a Wacom Graphire Bluetooth which work really well
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery
    View images
    To Aged P:
    i was thinking about the Volito one, but if you say it's not ok, well, i'll wait to have enough money to buy a better one...
    For the moment i'll do my best with the mouse.
    Anyway, thanks everybody for your advice.

Aksomama

Gallery
    View images
    I use a wacom Intuos 3 9x12 which i find suits me well as i can do big gestural strokes without going off the edge of the tablet.

Ive used a Graphire before and didnt find it as responsive and the one i used was 6x8which for me was too small and i kept being frustrated by the amount of time i hit the edge....so by all means go to computer stores and try all the dfferent sizes to find what suits you

I do go through nibs fairly regularly so i agree with AgedP that getting one with changeable nibs is the way to go.

also suggest looking around everywhere when you are ready to buy....i got my tablet at half the price some other dealers were trying to sell it to me at, by shopping around.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~