ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two new paintings today.

Two new paintings today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	386.7 KB 
ID:	79139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	308.5 KB 
ID:	79138

I hope you enjoy them.
    DG.

These are great....I think the first is my favorite!

They both make me think about their stories, and that's a good thing! Well done!

something new and distinguishable !
    also nice coloring

Exploring the 'Madonna-Prostitute' concept? Psych/couples counselor type people talk about this as being the dichotomy as a man may perceive his lover/wife. As I understand it, the concept works that certain men can enjoy an enthusiastic physically amorous relationship while seeing the female 'partner' as 'the Prostitute', which usually happens in courtship and just fooling around. But when and if they switch their category to 'the Madonna' as perhaps after marriage (seeing then now as generally mother of their kids and the Jesus kind of Madonna), it becomes more about reverence for their status - untouchable and prone to immaculate conception. And if these men have that image of a deification of that female, they will often look for sex outside their marriage because they can't seem to combine the notion of the two types in one woman.

Obviously this something that is used to identify and modify notions in relationships with the complaint, "He used to be very physical with me, but since we got married he treats me well but never touches me."

Your inspiration for these paintings may not be quite so clinical perhaps, but that's what I got out of these two side by side.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Expressionist and neo-classical in Your distinct style. Well made! I think You may give a personal interpretation to any kind of past figurative style.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Unusual but great work, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307