Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multitouch gestures with Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid not registering

Multitouch gestures with Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid not registering

When I try to perform multitouch gestures in Artrage 4 with a Companion Hybrid in Cintiq mode (in Win8 64bit), all that happens is my fingers paint on the screen and make a mess.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

This is usually a driver-related issue.

Open ArtRage and go to :

> Edit > ArtRage Preferences > Input Device

Make sure that:

Use Realtime Stylus is ON
    Wintab is OFF
    Windows Multitouch option is ON

If you had to change anything, restart ArtRage and try again.

Then let us know if it doesn't work

That definitely helped. Thank you!

I can now resize, rotate and position the canvas, but it still recognises finger input as if it is the pen unless I manage to place my fingers on the screen at exactly the same time, and if I accidentally lift a finger for a moment, input mimics the pen input and puts scribbles across the painting...

So while your suggestions did get multitouch going, it's still kind of useless as it doesn't reject finger input for drawing and is very difficult to do properly...Any suggestions for making it only recognise pen input for actual drawing?

Thanks again for your help.

There's no way to prevent touch input generating paint strokes in the product, but that's not something we've had a problem with in testing, we've not found that you need to be super accurate in placing fingers down to get multitouch events as opposed to single touch paint strokes.

Maybe it just take a bit of getting used to. Thanks for the help.

finally

After more use, I have abandoned trying to use multitouch input to scale, rotate and position the canvas. It is totally hit and miss and ironically, much easier to just use the non-touch controls.

Multitouch control is potentially a great feature, but it is essentially ruined because the application also recognises fingers as a pen. There really should be a way to set it so that fingers are not recognised as a pen.

I found myself undo-ing so often that instead of being a time saving, incredibly practical feature, I was continually wasting time trying to get it to work properly and correcting mistakes caused by it.

Quote Originally Posted by soapmak3r View Post
    After more use, I have abandoned trying to use multitouch input to scale, rotate and position the canvas. It is totally hit and miss and ironically, much easier to just use the non-touch controls.

Multitouch control is potentially a great feature, but it is essentially ruined because the application also recognises fingers as a pen. There really should be a way to set it so that fingers are not recognised as a pen.

I found myself undo-ing so often that instead of being a time saving, incredibly practical feature, I was continually wasting time trying to get it to work properly and correcting mistakes caused by it.
    ive finally upgraded to a cintiq companion 2 and this ruins my favorite app. you need to seriously reconsider your position on this! pleas add touch-rejection as brush input

It's not a position of choice, it's a reflection of the current capabilities of technology, as far as drawing programs go. As technology improves, we can improve ArtRage along with it.

Unhappy whaaaat?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by HannahRage View Post
    It's not a position of choice, it's a reflection of the current capabilities of technology, as far as drawing programs go. As technology improves, we can improve ArtRage along with it.

your reply makes no sense.

Microsoft Surface and the Wacom Cintiqs have been out plenty long for you to understand the "technology"
    list of software that "gets it"

Name:  Screenshot 2015-12-07 16.24.02.png
Views: 20496
Size:  143.9 KB
    adobe photoshop allows pen only input while all ui and canvas manipulation is allowed via touch.
    Mischief Gets it. better than most in my opinion its butter smooth canvas manipulation is best of breed. pen only input is standard. but the tools are childish. not really a professional option imo.
    Sketchbook pro - half gets it. they have pen only mode in their android aps that use s-pen tech (wacom licensed) they have pen only input mode in their "sketchbook for tablet" available on windows 10 and surface but the tools are rationed out to not being usable and canvas size cannot be customized. thier full professional version though is lacking this feature. which is where all their real tools are.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-12-07 16.20.20.png 
Views:	374 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	88418

So at the moment Adobe is the only guy on the block who knows how to give us what we want. but at CC price point not everyone uses it and I'm deeply rooted in using ArtRage and promoting it to all my artistic colleagues. and this wasn't an issue on a non-touch cintiq. but since upgrading, i find myself trying to use photoshop and missing artrage.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-12-07 16.27.00.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	88420
    Come on guys, you're the smaller company. the agile ones. beat the big guys to the punch and give us what we want. i know i'm not alone on this issue. and to say " it want a problem for us" is flat out insulting. it says YOUR user experience is more important than the one of your actual users!