ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Thief

1. Smile The Thief

Here's a new piece I recently finished using ArtRage 4 and Wacom Cintiq Companion. I just love these two things combined. Please full-view. The image has been downsized to 65%, but some details are still visible. I'm always amazed at how much fine detail I can put into a piece in ArtRage 4. I don't feel I can do the same in Painter 12 unless I work on a really big piece and then downsize it to make the detail look more "detailed" if you know what I mean. The oils in this program are just amazing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Archer4small.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	79118

I'm against hunting but this one is terrific.

This painting is so well done, even though I am saddened by hunting as well.

Excellent work!

4. Lol, I'm not a fan of hunting either (unless it is for survival), but things like this did happen hundreds of years ago when people hunted to survive. In this case the "thief" stole the owl's eggs (note the bag full of eggs), so the owl scratched up our thief (note the bloody arms). Being attacked by the owl, he decides to put an end to it... though.... whether he does or not is up to your imagination.

The title 'the thief' implies that the target isn't necessarily an animal.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

6. Yes. Good observation.

Nicely done!
    Very well balanced, your choice of colors are offering the viewer the sense
    of the cold, and the desperation within it, reminds me of old Currier and Ives
    prints ... Yeah, I know...Bla Bla Bla...
    I liked it as well over at DA, really good job!
    OH!... I'm rooting for the owl....
    My compliments on
    your painting, take
    care.
    Steve

Recent:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...TENCE-)/page19
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-31-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Personally, I don't much cotton to horseback-riding, bow-stringing owl-hunting thieves. Not my class of people at all, are these fur collar workers. I'm of a different color collar.

Anyway, It's a dandy painting, and I didn't at all get that he was hunting owl. In fact, I kind of got that they were pals and were both escaping from the posse that's chasing them. And the arrow is meant for the pursuers out of the picture frame. But I didn't write the story, so I could be completely off.

Adventure abounds and the painting is very satisfying in its loving detail. Well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A very nice young Gengis Khan, I presume. Fine illustration.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You are a good artist

You are a good artist, I must say! The style and the colours look like oil painting, and very detailed as you said. Good Digital Art! I like it.