ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: colors changing from Corel Paint to ArtRage

colors changing from Corel Paint to ArtRage

So I'm pulling in an identical file to both programs and I'm using the color sampler in both programs on identical pixels in both images. But I get different numbers popping up on the color chart. And on top of that, Corel is showing me a sea of the same color (since I made it with the fill tool), but when I sample in the same area with ArtRage, it's giving me significantly different colors in different sampling areas. And this is before I've even done anything in AR. What gives? It's critical that the pixels I created in Corel don't get altered in AR.

OK, here's another experiment...but without Corel this time. I open AR, then open the "precise color picker". I make a color that is 255:255:204 (my favorite background for my websites). Then I use AR's fill tool to fill the canvas, and I get the same results with the color sampler. There are significant deviations from the sea of 255:255:204 that I require.

Hmm. That must be it! The canvas is screwing up my pixels!

So how do I totally get rid of any canvas of any sort?

Couple of things to try:-

In Painter the default on a save is to embed a colour profile, make sure you uncheck this option when saving.

In Artrage use F5 to turn off global lighting (F5 is an on/off toggle if you need to put it back on)

In the eyedropper tool presets dialog, turn off the 'with lighting' checkbox to ensure that any colour samples you make with the eyedropper are not affected by lighting.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Well, it looks like the canvas lighting is the issue. When I turn it off, my background remains stable. It's just a shame that this feature can't be set so as to just affect the brush strokes, and not the background.

Cool, glad it's solved.

There have been some requests in the suggestions section for improvements in lighting control... fingers and toes crossed
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)