ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: X and Y coordinates available?

X and Y coordinates available?

Hi,

I have Artrage 4 (full version), and I'd like to be able to construct image maps for websites. But this requires knowing the x and y coordinates of the cursor (or of the images on the canvas). Is this possible? I had a good look through the manual and couldn't find anything related to this.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there isn't an info display that shows the current X/Y coordinates in the product.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

There's a workaround available.

The Symmetry tool makes use of pixel placement for it's center position. If you move the symmetry axis to the spot you need coordinates for, you can see that spots location by opening the "Set Center of Symmetry" option box. By setting up a shortcut key to open the panel (I used my number pads * key), you should be able find your coordinates pretty quickly.

I'd recommend setting up shortcut keys for the "Allow Axis Drag" and the "Show Symmetry Control" as well. That way you can move the axis without the control disk being in the way.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Here's a video showing how it would work:

I'm not sure how the quality will be in the embedded video, so to watch it at full size, here's the Direct Link.

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.