ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Make zoom increments smaller / consistent across range / user-editable?

Make zoom increments smaller / consistent across range / user-editable?

Hello,

as it works now in AR4 (and I believe it was like that in previous versions as well), zooming in or out using the CMD and + or - buttons (on the mac) uses the increments 5 - 10 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 - 200 - 300 - 400 - 500 - 600 - 700 - 800%.

As I've read elsewhere on the forum, these steps are a bit at the large side. But what I wonder most about is the huge leap in step size at 100%!
    I find the zooming from 50 - 75 - 100% often quite useable, but after that there is definitely a need for something in between 100 and 200%. That step is so large that it's practically unusable.

The lack is felt by me additionally because the trackpad zooming (and scrolling) on OSX Mavericks is still broken.

Would it be possible to make the zoom increment size more consistent across the whole range, and possibly using smaller increments (say 10% as I've read others suggest)? It would also be handy to have a preferences option to choose between smaller and greater zoom increments or, for advanced users, to set their own "zoom tab stops" maybe?

Go into 'View>Canvas Positioner' to get .......

Attachment 79070

Slide sideways on the (highlighted and circled) arrows to get the zoom you want.

Thanks, copespeak!

However, that's not what I meant. I am aware of that zoom method .. better even, you don't need to use that positioner because you can slide directly in the zoom percentage box.
    This works in any case in the Workbench mode, but maybe also in the regular mode.

I am specifically addressing the zoom key combination increments, because wherever possible, I much prefer to use key combinations instead of the mouse.