ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next challenge for real materials ArtRage emulation

Next challenge for real materials ArtRage emulation

I dare say, what I don't miss about regular painting is the cleaning up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elILetNPyr4
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I'm planning on getting some real paint this spring and doing some real world painting again. I did some back in the 80s but quit. The cleaning up is the only part I don't look forward to. I prefer to use oils as they seem to be more forgiving but I'm leaning toward acrylics due to ease of cleaning.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

It makes Jackson Pollock look tidy, doesn't he?

Right back at you Mr Akey with this one ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBbz6uha2K4

Pro Hart was an Australian artist who used to shoot paint out of a gun, and use all sorts of strange painting methods. He was much maligned as a 'gimmicky' artist, but we loved him anyway.

I went to his gallery after his death at Broken Hill, an isolated outback mining city in New South Wales. I was amazed and amused to find a Mercedes painted in his inimitable style, and painting by famous artists casually lined up against the walls in the gallery. What a great Aussie character!!

This clip is one of a few he made for carpet company.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a BRILLIANT and witty advert. Looks as if the the artist himself had a great sense of humor. . . or was paid better than his resistance allowed.

Thanks for that. I bet you could tell when you were approaching the mining city from downwind. . . MMmmmmmm. . .Alright. . . Who Arted?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    MMmmmmmm. . .Alright. . . Who Arted?
    Broken Hill, a dusty oasis of some size, is a funny place, full of quirky artists and galleries, reached after a zillion miles of travelling through red dirt and salt bush, emus, kangaroos and huge flocks of Corellas (parrots). Out a little way from there is Silverton. Now there's a funny place. The movie Mad Max was made there, so you have some idea of the isolation ... if you saw the movie/s!

We rode there on our Harleys, and it is the best trip we made!

and then there is my granddaughter, she poured some paints into a large box lid, put a little piglet in and let it walk around, lifted it out and then placed the piglet on a canvas and it walked some more, she framed the canvas and sold it for about 250.00 at a county fair

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    and then there is my granddaughter, she poured some paints into a large box lid, put a little piglet in and let it walk around, lifted it out and then placed the piglet on a canvas and it walked some more, she framed the canvas and sold it for about 250.00 at a county fair
    "So let's see your blue ribbon then!"
    "Ummmm. . . yeah, was right here a minute ago. . ."

Not bad for your granddaughter. So what did the piggie win? You know that when the artist is dead the value of their product goes up. Seems Porkie's aspirations are going to be shortened any way you turn.

All I can say is that your granddaughter has to be veeeerrry charismatic to get that kind of money -- for the painting that is. Makes for a funny story though, I dare say.

Wonderful Jean!

[QUOTE=D Akey;462570
    All I can say is that your granddaughter has to be veeeerrry charismatic to get that kind of money -- for the painting that is. Makes for a funny story though, I dare say.[/QUOTE]

Sweet sixteen and all that charm that goes with that age and do you think ...probably some old geezer that had spent the afternoon in the beer tent

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Sweet sixteen and all that charm that goes with that age and do you think ...probably some old geezer that had spent the afternoon in the beer tent
    The heck with pork bellies, seems the price of pickled pigs feet has really taken off. Just think of the poor old boozer who thought he was getting something to offset the beer in his belly between rounds. I can see your granddaughter just wandering through the tent and the old coot thinks he'll chat her up. . .

"Why I remember when the cost of gas was next to nothin'. . . huh? You say you're an artist? Why that's just fine, honey. . . So what do you do for a living?"

12 glasses later as he examines the tab. . .

"'Ere, what's this two fifty for pig's feet? Two HUNDRED fifty -- for pickled pigs feet?!?!?! wha? Just for pigs feet. . . no pickles? Damn. . . nothin's the same as it used ta be. . . Say who framed this napkin? <hic>"