ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: WIP: first try with Artrage, I call it sunset in paradise

WIP: first try with Artrage, I call it sunset in paradise

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. NO WHERE NEAR BEING FINISHED.
    This is my first attempt to make a drawing with Artrage, other than messing around with the brushes. I love this program, and for now I am experimenting with watercolors as you can see! Any ideas on what I might add to make it look better?
    -The white to the left are going to be trees, and the white in the middle is going to be a mountain in the background.
    Aft
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paradise-inspired1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	78991  

Great start, the only advice I'd give at this stage is to not kill it by making the mountain black. Also think about how the light will hit the objects to avoid it looking flat.

Shadows under the trees are a good start to give them weight. Maybe some sort of edge along the river. Are you looking at a watercolourey effect, if so, the layer opacity needs to be reduced so it's not so heavy. To blend out those painting lines, you can select each colour and blend a bit with a watercolour blender. New layers on top will show the ones below if you reduce the opacity on the brush or the layer itself again. Only ideas to give you food for thought.