ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to set into CMYK?

How to set into CMYK?

Dear ArtRagers, I am a children's book illustrator and new to ArtRage (I use ArtRage 4). For the printed matter, how to set the paper into CMYK ? Before this I used to use CS 3 and for printed things I have to set into CMYK instead of RGB,
    Thank you so much

I'm afraid ArtRage only works in RGB. You'll need to use another program to convert the finished piece to CMYK if it's needed.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Hi, it is simple. Export your image and make a jpg file. Than you can open in in Photoshop and save it in CMYK.
    Grtz, F

CMYK while drawing

I have had the same problem.

The issue is the problem of gamut WHILE drawing. Some RGB colors are not possible in CMYK. So it would be great to have a closer idea of ​​the possible color as printed.

Name:  artrage_cmyk.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  46.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eldes View Post
    I have had the same problem.

The issue is the problem of gamut WHILE drawing. Some RGB colors are not possible in CMYK. So it would be great to have a closer idea of ​​the possible color as printed.
    That's a good point.

Meanwhile, as a suggestion only, you can make a palette/picture that you want to use in any program including AR. Convert it to CMYK, then convert it back to RGB and then you can use it as a palette in AR and know what you'll be getting meaning the color should hold (I can't speak to colors that appear upon blending, but more for direct color picking and using it as paint). I have not done this but I did try converting your attachment to CMYK and it did jump. On mine it didn't get the exact same colors you had, but close and certainly not so fluorescent. So you may want to try that barring someone having the exact solution for this issue. Can't imagine you're the first to discover it since a lot of professional illustrators/and fine artists use AR for print.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Try this link: http://www.tutortanith.com/charts/rgb2cmyk.htm. It might help you along.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 02-12-2014 at 09:47 PM.