ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ...still there is no answer...

...still there is no answer...

Name:  still there is no answer.png
Views: 156
Size:  45.1 KB

all ArtRage 4 painting using the pen tool

...dream baby dream...

Name:  dream baby dream.png
Views: 141
Size:  48.7 KB

...alla ArtRage 4 painting only pen tool used...

...this is the sword this is the shield...

Name:  this is the sword this is the shield.png
Views: 133
Size:  16.5 KB

...all ArtRage 4 painting with the pen tool only...

4. I love how clean and graphic these are. Very impressive - I especially like the bear.

...just shapes and color to define form...

Quote Originally Posted by HarlequiNQB View Post
    I love how clean and graphic these are. Very impressive - I especially like the bear.
    Than you for your comment,

right now I am educating myself by finding out how you illustrate using just shapes and color to define form, rather than inked outlines. I was educated as an illustrator and I sometimes find me trapped insid the lines. I will go on to use textures and patterns. In these illustrations I have used some shading to give the form some depth. I will try not to do that, just make an all flat image. I coud have used a vector program for this kind of study, but I find bitmap software more visible rewarding. ArtRage is OK for this.

Really neat ones. Great for ads and labels, but also as a sort of pop art style.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

As you say, the end result looks like vector art. Very different direction from your line and wash approach. It's hard not to make the association here with vector images since they look a lot like this.

I'm afraid to recommend anything because you are so experienced and probably have already thought of it, but having done my share of airbrush illustrations here in California where airbrush was really a hot regional style for a while, some of those shapes you have could feather comfortably while still retaining the essence of your designs. Generally it's a similar design thinking. Just an additional level of interest as for example of enhancing surface sheen in the bear that looks like it could be made of plastic.

I don't know if that interests you at all, or whether you want to explore keeping the shapes as flat colors to discover how far you can go within those limits. I have seen flat graphic images get very popular in a cartoon sort of way as well.

The advantage of vector would be to be able to re-scale your art. But I must confess I'm not comfortable using vector programs and gave up using them altogether. I think an advantage for me of paint programs is the ability to get variety of marks into the work. My artist mind just thinks that way already.

Anyway, nice jump to something different from what we've seen you do recently. Interesting that you're taking this challenge on in ArtRage.

I will watch with fascination where you go with it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely neat style
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

the wall

Name:  the wall.png
Views: 80
Size:  19.2 KB

all ArtRage 4 using the pen tool only...

thank you for your comments, they are nice and I read them thougtfully. (Maybe you wonder about the titles of my pics, they are just the title of the song I am listening on Spotify the moment I publish it. Some from Bruce Springsteens latest. It is GREAT! I love it!)

And Oh! I have been doing a lot of RL airbrushing too. I am sorry no pics are saved (well, maybe one or two) since they were on cars or decks and surfboards....
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 01-12-2014 at 07:16 AM.

You're a mine of styles and ideas, dear mate!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!