ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Requesting information re: 8-inch Windows tablets (for use with ArtRage) ...

Requesting information re: 8-inch Windows tablets (for use with ArtRage) ...

Hi, everyone. Will be in the market for one of these 8-inch Windows 8.1 tablets soon (e.g. Lenovo Miix 2, Dell Venue 8 Pro, et cetera).

Was wondering if anyone has had experience using ArtRage on any of these tablets, especially with a stylus.

Right now, it's either going to be the Miix 2 or Asus' as-of-yet unreleased VivoTab Note 8 tablet (which uses a Wacom stylus). See pictures below:

Lenovo Miix 2:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lenovo-Miix-2_8.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	78763

Asus VivoTab Note 8:

Name:  asus-vivotab-note8_01.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  92.4 KB

This is the first I've heard of either of these tablets, I look forward to learning more about them and maybe even getting one. That Lenovo looks like it might be right up my alley.

Can I ask how you want to use it with Artrage? Is there a Windows Tablet version coming out soon?

Follow-up: Went with a Lenovo Miix 2 8 tablet after I: A) saw it for $249 at Best Buy, and B) found out the Asus tablet wouldn't be out until late February/early March (and would cost $50 more with less battery life). (What?) Anyway, bought a copy of ArtRage 4 just for my tablet, and am using a Targus Slim Stylus. Works just fine. Reasonably good control over tools in ArtRage using the stylus. Battery life is excellent, too (10 hours or so). No regrets at all. And Bluez - what? Um, this is for Windows 8.1. Full version. Same as what you'd find on a desktop PC. No "tablet" version. OK ... ? Right, then. Anyway, I hope I've been of some help to someone out there. Have a good one.

oh, sorry, i didnt even realize that those are tablets with x86 compatible cpus. thanks for pointing that out. i didnt even know that tablets like these existed :-)

Well the Lenovo Miix is capacitative only and doesn't come with the pictured stylus, but the Asus Note 8 has a Wacom digitizer and comes with its stylus. I think the Asus would be a great choice as it should be able to run ArtRage and can probably even handle Photo Shop. I would love to be able to try one out for a bit.