ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is there a way to disable the Tool Size popup?

Is there a way to disable the Tool Size popup?

Especially when I'm working with the tablet / pen I find it very annoying that the Tool Size popup often pops up when I try to adjust the size by dragging.
    Apparently, a slight stutter in the pen pressure is then interpreted as a click event and up comes the popup, so that I have to either cancel it or enter the value by typing - which I don't want.
    It complicates working with the program - I really wish there was a way to disable this popup thing altogether.

I searched the manual and the forum but can't find anything. Except a "pen-only toolbar" which seems to include this, but because it's Windows-only I cannot use it.

So, is there any way to achieve this?

TIA
    Lúthien

Hi Lúthien,
    If you hold down the Shift key and then drag your pen Right or Left anywhere on the canvas you can avoid the 'Tool Size %' pop up window from opening.
    If your pen has button functions you can set, you could set one of them to mimic the Shift key, this is what I have done.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi Markw,

thank you, that's very helpful!

Lúthien