ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Selection Tool - fails copying due to "No Paint Present"...

Question Selection Tool - fails copying due to "No Paint Present"...

Hello All,

My keyword search was pretty fruitless on my concern. If I missed the "obvious" post, please supply me a link below and I'll happily follow it.

My attempts to copy a portion of my image is being hindered by a reoccurring error message. I use the Selection Tool to select the portion that I would like to copy, and then whenever I try copying it, I get an error message that states that there's "No Paint Present."

What's truly confusing me is I can use the same tool to copy portions of the image that I made later, but not earlier, and, to be perfectly clear, the image is made up of ONE layer.

Any detailed, step-by-step help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Oh boy, this is embarrassing.

Even though I didn't create any layers in AR, it looks like I discovered that it does so automatically whenever one copies/pastes a portion of the image - am I correct on this? What confuses me though, is that I copied/pasted a basic head design 9 times, but only five new layers were created.

Any clarity on this will be warmly welcomed!

When you paste, the pasted content goes on to a new layer so that you can manipulate it without damaging the previous layers. I'm not sure why you only ended up with 5 layers, did you merge at any point?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.