Thread: Be Warned!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Be Warned!

By Reading this General Chat i became interested in (once again) to try out some free programs (Cam Studio and Gimpshop). By downloading Cam Studio I had this Malware installed called MySearchDial. It was a sh*t program hijacking my search engine. It is well known to make it possible to open up for some criminal acts on your computer. Maybe even hijacking it. Gimpshop installed a lot of other not known of stuff, a chat program, some gameshop links and a mess of other strange programs. I was not able to stop this while installing since no warning or no alternatives what so ever was given while installing. Still I have a solid and very good anti virus software. The virus software is Always, by nature, one step behind the criminals. This was the last time I will try out a free program. Be warned! Craps!

I have ArtRage. It is a very good program, always to be trusted and in ongoing development...I am so happy for that!
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 01-08-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Camtasia is a fairly known and used video recording program. There's a trial version for it, but it's not a free program. Perhaps you meant CamStudio? If so, which site did you download the file from, because I've used it for years now and haven't had any issues or virus warnings from it.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yes, CamStudio it was. I'm sorry Camtasia!

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Camtasia is a fairly known and used video recording program. There's a trial version for it, but it's not a free program. Perhaps you meant CamStudio? If so, which site did you download the file from, because I've used it for years now and haven't had any issues or virus warnings from it.
    Yes, CamStudio that was- I am sorry. The same link you gave here I guess. I just did a googling and downloaded it.

I use Gimp literally every day and am dedicated to it BUT, I don't care for gimpshop, for what that's worth.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gms9810 View Post
    I use Gimp literally every day and am dedicated to it BUT, I don't care for gimpshop, for what that's worth.
    Gimp, Gimpshop and GimPhoto are the same. Gimpshop and GimPhoto have some GUI tweakings, for a better interface, designed to look and feel like Photoshop more or less. But they are Gimp. That is good!

No, they're not. Gimpshop is a version of gimp made to look like ps. There is another one with an interface made just for artists. I've used Gimp for probably 10-12 years and the different versions aren't the same. But it isn't worth debating over so this is my last post on the matter.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/