ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Starting point for new user - basic tutorial video? And..tablet size?

Starting point for new user - basic tutorial video? And..tablet size?

My apologies if this question is somewhere in the vast sea of post here lol, but could someone recommend a starting basic how to use artrage4 video? I've been surfing youtube and there is maybe not a sea, but a good sized lake of videos but I haven't hit a good starting point one yet. I'm talking about really basic, like click here to size your canvas.

I did play with it some last night with a mouse which leads to a second question! This is touched on in another thread sort of...I will be buying a tablet before the end of the year (3 days), hoping wacum will drop price a little more if I go that route. Will I appreciate investing in the larger tablet vs the medium? Or is the medium really enough? Also considering an off brand Huion with these specs for $79.99 on amazon. Just not sure if that's a good idea or if I should bite the bullet and get the wacum intous pro -large or medium? Most of what I do so far is photography but I've had artraged bookmarked for a year because I want to do some stand alone art and do some photo tweaking too
    Active Area: 10'' x 6.25'' (Huion)
    Pressure Sensitivity: 2048 levels
    Resolution: 5080 lines per inch; Report Rate: 233 resolutions per second
    Uses a battery free stylus, which is rechargeable, silmmer and lighter
    A new version for the H610 model with a clean, edgy new look.

I don't remember all my comp specs, it's new and has lots of ram and at least a one tb, maybe 2TB's (upgraded recently) Windows8 64bit
    Currently use Lightroom4, Topaz full suite, Smartphotoediter, have Elements11-not friends with it yet, do not find it intuitive

Melissa, Painted Tulip Studio

Hello paintedtulip
    I can't think of any specifically AR4 orientation tutorials off the top of my head but others here may know of some.
    However a lot of what is in tutorials made with AR3.5 still applies to AR4.
    This forum page contains a list of AR3.5 tutorials: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...-Tutorial-List
    And Judith Tramayne has some videos here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrneA...FA55A7D06290FB

As for tablets I'v posted my thoughts on that here: http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...258#post461258
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thank you! I stumbled on the thread for tutorials later and did find Judith's on youtube. I know it is an earlier version she is explaining but that is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you Judith for taking the time to make them

I'm still seesawing between the larger or medium wacum intous, I think after your post in the other thread I will stick with a wacum for hopefully less technical issues overtime. Although for a really tight budget, some of the other brands look very promising I have to say.

Oh yes, you asked about sizes too!
    I've just added my thoughts on that to my post in the other thread.
    Last edited by markw; 12-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)