ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Zbrush's DragRect

Zbrush's DragRect

I recently discovered ArtRage and I just love it. it has pretty much everything I need but I was dreaming to have something like DragRect ZBrush.
    It's actually very similar to the "fill pattern" in ArtRage but it only drops one instance of the texture instead of filling the whole canvas.
    I would love to have something like that

Hello and welcome Dargelos
    I'm afraid I'm not familiar with ZBrush but with the 'Fill Pattern' option in ArtRage4, if you first define the area to be filled by it with the 'Selection' tool and then drag out the 'Fill Pattern' direction line within that selected area, that will stop the whole canvas from getting filed and confine the pattern to just the area you want.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Thanks Markw. I knew that I could also just transform the texture on a layer but the whole point is speed...
    do you think its possible to make an script that makes the selection and fills with pattern in the same action?

Ah, scripts, I'm afraid that's an aspect of AR I have never used so I couldn't say if its possible or not.
    But I suspect AR and Zbrush, which is primarily a 3D modelling/texturing app, work in quite different ways. So it may not be possible.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)